One Year Transplant-aversary

MikeD

Full time employment: Posting here.
Last October 6th I had my second pancreas transplant. It has been a year now with no rejection or any troubles from the transplant meds. If you make it a year, you are expected to be trouble-free from then on. I have been having one side-effect of the transplant, though - weight gain. Now that I can eat whatever I want, I do.

Happily,
Mike D.

Congratulations Mike D!
Here's wishing you many more trouble-free years! :)

What a wonderful anniversary! I remember you posting about the transplant and thinking that you had a very positive attitude that was going to be very helpful.

i didn't know pancreas transplants were possible, so you just taught someone something new today. :D always a good thing...
congrats on your landmark, and for many more to come.

Wonderful, Mike! I think I mentioned that my mom is 5 years plus from her kidney transplant. Keep taking your meds, and enjoy each day of living! YAY!

i didn't know pancreas transplants were possible, so you just taught someone something new today. :D always a good thing...

Ditto. I'd never heard of it before and had pretty much assumed that pancreas problems/cancer were...er...well...serious.

Mike, concrats!

Edit:
Okay, after a bit of research, I now realize that a pancreas transplant is strictly a treatment for diabetes and not an option for pancreatic cancer.:(

Congratulations! My mom had a kidney transplant in 1985 and is still doing great - it's amazing what they can do these days :)

Wow time moves too quickly. It feels like last week you were on the list. Good news!

Congrats on the one year point! I am approaching 2 1/2 years on my kidney transplant. The one year anniversary was a big celebration point! (and I plan to keep celebrating each year to come!)

Keep enjoying your new life!

..Mike A.

Congratulations Mike, and belated happy birthday to your pancreas!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom