Pain & Stress & PTSD

Haha wrote: Amethyst, what is the advantage of an electic skillet over a big iron pan?

Dear Haha, the electric skillet sits on the countertop and has an internal heating element, so it doesn't have to be manipulated over a stove. The only hand/wrist involvement is a) dumping in the food to be cooked and b) stirring the food with a spatula or some other implement. Also, my electric skillet is fully immersible in water, and thus fairly easy to clean.

Thanks for the compliment on my screen name....I do love gemstones. Perhaps I have some dragon DNA...

Amethyst, what is the advantage of an electic skillet over a big iron pan?

BTW, are you and Citrine the only people with gem screen names?

I read one of her posts today and thought of citrine, and wondered why there were not more gem names used. Then I saw this post of yours. They are rich names, with a lomg train of associations.

Ha

I'm changing my name to Quartz.

It just seemed part of the downward spiral of not being able to take care of myself.

That must have been an awful feeling!

I was thinking that if it takes a while for your wrist to completely heal, you might feel more self sufficient if you bought or borrowed a lighter pan for a while. But then, with the weather being as it has been, maybe that isn't practical right now. It is probably hard to get out. Sorry that this has been such a difficult time for you.

Looking at the recent avatar changes I'd say the winter blues is affecting all the moderators . Gone are the fun whips and Janice Joplin replaced by judges .

... or temporary pharmaceuticals...

I'm gonna have to look into that...

My doc suggested drinking a glass of red wine at night........I haven't looked back.
img_765950_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif
Glad your better Khan.

That must have been an awful feeling!

I was thinking that if it takes a while for your wrist to completely heal, you might feel more self sufficient if you bought or borrowed a lighter pan for a while. But then, with the weather being as it has been, maybe that isn't practical right now. It is probably hard to get out. Sorry that this has been such a difficult time for you.

I do have a stainless steel pan, but it is not as versatile. Cast iron good for saute, stir fry, bake, broil, deglaze...

Nords, let us know what you find! In the meantime, I think I will take Dawg54 Doc's suggestion and get me a glass of wine.

Hi Khan. Hang in there kiddo. When the sun has set and the moon is on the rise, going out to hear bands drink beer meet people and dancing my ass off helps keep the blues away. Danny

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom