Pay to be younger!

That sounds like a horrible way to live. A colonoscopy every month? No thank you.
I guess its good research, but not many have a spare 2 million a year,

What no rapamycin?

In the context of his lifestyle; it doesn't seem very appealing - however, extending health span (healthy, active, productive, years) would appeal to me. Certainly, two million dollars a year is not an option for me.

Basically, he appears to me to be his own research guinea pig.

Two million a year, I suspect, is in a context of his business, and that he is not paying for the majority of the testing out-of-pocket (other than maybe the facial fat injections which seem to be completely cosmetic). Rather, I suspect that it is a "business expense" and he is hoping to raise interest in an IPO somewhere down the line.

Last edited:
I'd pay 2m to get back ~20 years if it was just taking a pill or getting a shot and not a bunch of "work". But not 2m a year... Couldn't afford that.

He may be younger, but it seems he doesn't have much enjoyment of life. Strict diet and sleep regimen without flexibility, strict workout routine, too many medications; no choice for fun or deviation from his self imposed restrictions. Sorry, but he is a pretty sad person IMHO.

No bacon! Or other good things to eat.

Last edited:
The article also indicated that he intended to undergo gene therapy in the future - although a detailed explanation was to what the modification would entail was not provided.

There are certain ongoing trials for gene therapy, which may provide relief for individuals suffering from certain conditions. I would like to see success in that regard (along with a lowering of cost if/ when this is successful and the treatment becomes more mainstream.)

https://www.healthline.com/health/sickle-cell-anemia-gene-therapy

If I were the editor, my title of this piece would have been:

Tech dude bro with more money than sense spends his life attempting to live longer, or at least look like it, but doesn't actually have a life anyone would want.

He deserves the life he leads.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints...the sinners are much more fun." Billy Joel

Seriously. A colonoscopy every month...shudder.

He needs to talk to the author of Die With Nothing.

Or somebody is pulling the wool over the author’s eyes

I want quality of life, not quantity or a particular age. I’d rather have 80 or less good years than 90 or more with years of decline. My parents were active and in good health longer than their peers, but they lived to 93 & 96 and didn’t enjoy their last few years much…

He is still going to die. It maybe later or sooner. We have no guarantees on when that will occur. Also, who in their right mind wants a colonoscopy every month. That in itself can’t be healthy.

He is still going to die. It maybe later or sooner. We have no guarantees on when that will occur. Also, who in their right mind wants a colonoscopy every month. That in itself can’t be healthy.

The colonoscopy Doc likes it. :D

Guaranteed great 30 minute nap.:cool:

I thought 45 was already young.

Everyone's 45 is different. I'm 43 and have chronic pain in multiple places that has a significant negative impact on my daily life. I would rather be 65 and pain free than 43 with significant pain, YMMV. If I had millions then I would pay a lot to be pain free all the time instead of the opposite.

I want quality of life, not quantity or a particular age. I’d rather have 80 or less good years than 90 or more with years of decline. My parents were active and in good health longer than their peers, but they lived to 93 & 96 and didn’t enjoy their last few years much…

Agreed, my Grandmother had 85 very good years and 4 really bad ones. She would have been WAY better off dying at 85. I have no interest in existing rather than actually living when I get much past 70.

With that much work and monitoring, it does not seem like he has enough time to enjoy being 18 again.

The much longer Bloomberg piece that's linked in the OP's article is more interesting. It talks in detail about what he's doing, his medical team, diet, etc., and how it's basically his job now "for science", etc.

I agree about quality of life.

I don't care about being younger if I could just get rid of these loud ringing tones. I would pay a nice sum for a cure if one existed.

I'm waiting for the Immortality Pill. I'll be first in line for it, in fact after I pay every cent that I've got, then if that's not enough I'll fight you for it. :D I'll be 75 this summer and each moment of my life is better than anything previous to it.

I guess you could interpret that a couple of ways! Yes, I admit, I did have a
crummy childhood (relative to other years in my life). But a less-than-optimal childhood makes me appreciate these "golden years" so much more than I otherwise might.

Or, you can just drink Ovaltine every day like this young man...

Back
Top Bottom