portable oxygen concentrator info needed

2HOTinPHX

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hello all,

My mother is thinking about getting a portable oxygen concentrator so she can get out of the house easier than carting around a oxygen tank. She is in her mid 80's now has been on oxygen in her house for about a year or two now. She gets around the house ok with the help of a walker but if she goes out it is with a family member and it is with a wheelchair.*

Anyone have experience with these units? Better to buy or rent? Recommended brand or brands to stay away from? :wave:

Hello all,

My mother is thinking about getting a portable oxygen concentrator so she can get out of the house easier than carting around a oxygen tank. She is in her mid 80's now has been on oxygen in her house for about a year or two now. She gets around the house ok with the help of a walker but if she goes out it is with a family member and it is with a wheelchair.*

Anyone have experience with these units? Better to buy or rent? Recommended brand or brands to stay away from? :wave:
Imogen is a good brand, but Google portable oxygen concentrators and there will be listings for companies selling refurbished models at half price.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...wimzsi-jebmAhVVtZ4KHXJcCCIQ0Qx6BAgREAE&adurl=

We have an Inogen G3 and it's been very good. We have two batteries, one that lasts about 3 hours and one that lasts 6, both when using 3 liters/min.

Inogen is one of the better units. Make sure you get one that has enough capacity for intake of oxygen.

My Dad had the Inogen G1 and G2 which allowed a lot of freedom in his last couple of years. I still have the G2 and would like to donate it. Anyone have any info on reputable organizations that take these? I don't recall the total hours, but he had it less than a year and used it about twice a week on our "adventures."

Back
Top Bottom