Potential serious health news

Good luck with your procedure

As others have said, it will hopefully turn out to be nothing. I know well what the stress of not knowing is like. Try controlled breathing, meditation, and exercise to settle the mind. Best wishes! :flowers:

You are lucky to catch this early, hopefully. My DW was diagnosed with stage IV PC in Feb metastasized to the lungs. She had endoscopy ultrasound and biopsy of the tumor showed PC and we insisted in having molecular profiling done on the tumor which took 2-4 weeks. The result showed she had NTRK gene fusion and is now being treated with Vitrakvi (Larotrectinib from Bayer) an oral chemo pill. She started treatment in April and so far so good, no major side effects and she is doing well. Let's hope your lesion is benign but if not, make sure they do molecular profiling on the tumor cell. This is somatic genetic test that will indicate if you are a candidate for targeted drug or immuno-therapy. You probably should have blood tests to check for Ca-19-9 marker and liver enzymes (ALT/AST/AP) etc..
Good luck and stay positive.

I have had the CA19-19 (was 5, very low) and ALT/ASP/AP all in line. I hope everythng goes well for your wife. Thanks for the information, I will ask about that.

Best of luck to you and hope for the best. My first diagnosis after coughing up large amounts of blood was advanced lung cancer based on CT scans. A biopsy of the large masses in my lungs showed Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis. A rare disease that although fatal if not treated can be controlled with chemotherapy which I've had for a year now and feel much better. Hang in there Tiger its amazing what the medicos can do now.

Tiger, I wish you all the best with your ordeal, these kinds of things are really challenging for the spirit.
Hi, Tiger. Here are a few strategies that help me, when I'm worried. Maybe one of them will help you.
I should add, though, that a certain point, I've also found that further "work" on my worry just reinforced it by focusing my attention on the matter. At that point, I found it more helpful to turn my attention elsewhere (e.g., to keeping a good attitude more generally).
ER Eddie, just wanted to let you know that I found these comments very thoughtful and wise. They apply to all kinds of worries, and really put the whole concept of "worry" into its proper place, on the one hand as something natural, and on the other hand as something that doesn't have to drive our every move, even during dire situations.

Last edited:
Tiger, I wish you all the best with your ordeal, these kinds of things are really challenging for the spirit.

ER Eddie, just wanted to let you know that I found these comments very thoughtful and wise. They apply to all kinds of worries, and really put the whole concept of "worry" into its proper place, on the one hand as something natural, and on the other hand as something that doesn't have to drive our every move, even during dire situations.

Yes, I too found ER Eddie's comments regarding worry very kind, helpful and wise. I sometimes am able to worry about something for a certain amount of time, and then put it aside for the remainder of the day.

Also agree with others that if there is anything good to be found in all this, it is that hopefully things were caught early. May your inner strength flourish, Tiger, and see you through this.

Yes, I too found ER Eddie's comments regarding worry very kind, helpful and wise. I sometimes am able to worry about something for a certain amount of time, and then put it aside for the remainder of the day.

Also agree with others that if there is anything good to be found in all this, it is that hopefully things were caught early. May your inner strength flourish, Tiger, and see you through this.

Yes, catching Covid, having an unrelated CT scan AND having someone spot this despite the CT being for my lungs, is cause for positive thinking. I am hoping that IF it truns out to be cancerous, that it is early enough to be one of the better outcomes. Better yet, I am hoping it is pre-cancerous or benign!

In any event, my worry has subsided, at least for now. I have told the rest of my family (my Dad, adn 2 daughters) so that is behind me. Hopefully will have surgery in 2 weeks, and information on the mass a week or so after that. Fingers crossed! Thanks again for all the well wishes!

Surgery (pancreatectomy and splenectomy) is scheduled for 12/8. Hoping for good news (benign pseudocyst or something of that nature).

Thanks to all for the well wishes, information, and personal experiences.

May the lucky ball bounces your way. All the right things have been done. Waiting for the good news on the 9th.

Tiger,

Waiting on your good news here, as well. I truly expect that will be what you share. You are in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Hang in there.

Best of luck to you and hope for the best. My first diagnosis after coughing up large amounts of blood was advanced lung cancer based on CT scans. A biopsy of the large masses in my lungs showed Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis. A rare disease that although fatal if not treated can be controlled with chemotherapy which I've had for a year now and feel much better. Hang in there Tiger its amazing what the medicos can do now.

Wow, thanks for sharing ejman. I am glad to hear that you are doing well!

May the lucky ball bounces your way. All the right things have been done. Waiting for the good news on the 9th.

Getting in on the 8th is not looking good at this point, so may have to figure out how to keep my mind occupied until teh 14th... :facepalm:

Getting in on the 8th is not looking good at this point, so may have to figure out how to keep my mind occupied until teh 14th... :facepalm:

Too bad for the delay.
Hope all goes well and the extra days wait won't cause you to much anxiety.
Best of luck.

Good luck.

th

Back
Top Bottom