Senate HC bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for the response on re-insurance. Appreciate it and was very helpful.

I can see this being helpful on one hand, but except it will be another lever to increase individual premiums as someone will have to pay for the re-insurance.

The gamble will be, as with all insurance, extra cost for premiums might be less if several issues in pool occurred, but imagine there will be a limit established with re-insurance so those costs will be more affordable.

Will be interesting to see, if this thing passes as is, and if my company selects this option, how much more above the normal 10%/month our premiums will increase.

I also expect companies to dump the retireehealth insurance benefits should other options become available to those retirees. Why would they even want to deal with it any more?

Moderator note: This discussion moved from the nuts and bolts and finances of the health care bill into a discussion of partisan politics. Those posts have been removed.

If you'd like this thread to stay open, please refrain from further political comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom