Shingles!?!? Me?!?!

Quick diagnosis is key! If you ever have the start of a rash, some pain associated with it, on just one side of your body, (Shingles will only be on the right or left side. It will never cross the midline.) go to the doctor and check it out.

Worth repeating. If you even suspect shingles, get a prescription for an antiviral (like Valtrex) immediately.

I got my shot last week during my Dr visit. Didn't cost me anything. I will say it was the first vaccine that I had a bit of a reaction to: soreness that lasted several days, redness and feeling of warmth at the injection site, but after hearing about what some of you have gone through, a very small price to pay.

I am glad you are over this ordeal without being too badly damaged. Shingles are a nasty disease. I have had the vaccine myself. It was expensive, but less expensive than suffering through shingles like some friends of mine have. The cost of shingles (in pain, time lost, and money) far exceeds the cost of the vaccine.

Our daughter contracted it in her early 20's. She is high-strung and was under a lot of stress, which can trigger it we were told.

Anyone who has not got it yet, take the vaccine! (with your Dr's recommendation, etc. I am not a doctor, but I slept at a Holiday Inn and now think I can walk on water.)

I also had shingles in my mid 20's, in a bad marriage, and self employed. My doctor told me the stress was killing me, either get rid of my job, or my husband. I made the right choice and kept my job! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom