Switching Part D Drug Plans and CVS Caremark

zaqxsw

Recycles dryer sheets
Not a timely subject, but I'm curious what other folk's experiences have been on this subject.

DW and I have switched between Aetna and WellCare over the past several years. Both companies use CVS Caremark for their mail order Rx's. Up until 2022, I've been successful in transferring Rx's between plans if there are refills still left. If zero refills, you need to get your doctor to send in a new Rx.

I switched over to Aetna for 2022 and was told that I needed to have my doctor submit all new Rx's. I bypassed Aetna Customer Service and went directly to CVS Customer Service who did it in less than a minute. I've got one hiccup, but not bad.

So, for all of you who switch Plan D plans fairly regularly, what has been your experience on getting your Rx's transferred if both companies use CVS Caremark? Also, any issues with CVS Caremark? It seems to have changed and their website and/or app aren't accurate lately.

Thanks for any replies!

My wife had some issues getting Express Scripts to recognize Rx's with refills left when she switched to a new part D provider that also used ES for mail order. She was going from Cigna to Clear Spring. She had to spend some significant time on the phone with ES, but they finally got it to work. They didn't anticipate such a thing happening. :facepalm::facepalm:

My wife had some issues getting Express Scripts to recognize Rx's with refills left when she switched to a new part D provider that also used ES for mail order. She was going from Cigna to Clear Spring. She had to spend some significant time on the phone with ES, but they finally got it to work. They didn't anticipate such a thing happening. :facepalm::facepalm:

Thanks for the response. Based on the lack of replies, I'm assuming mail order isn't popular. Switching Part D Plans using local pharmacies should not be an issue. You call them with your new insurance info. and are done. I always found mail order much more convenient.

Back
Top Bottom