Part D Decision: Aetna vs Wellcare

Did your scripts transfer? Mine did not, at least when I checked yesterday. One was out of refills, so I expected to have to get a new script, but the other had some left and according to Wellcare, that should have transferred.

Re: Bold above
Just checked before hitting submit, and it looks like the one with refills DID transfer, so I just need to have one sent over.

Well, that was quick and easy. Called the doc's office, asked them to send the other script to ExpressScript. For kicks, I checked the website about a minute later and there it is, processing.

Interesting: now that it's after the 1st, I wanted to go online to enter my new Rx insurer with CVS. No can do! Not online anyway!

Did a bit more digging and learned that even though it is 2024, where you can even buy a car online, the highly progressive CVS requires you to go into your regular store and have them enter the new account number.

Seems to me, they're always under-staffed and have better things to do than do something that should easily be done online yourself....what a strange place.

Man, give me the Amazon experience everywhere.

I went online to print new card and it did print -- but it was a ful 8x10 sheet instead of a wallet size . I then took a picture of it on phone and saved it to show at pharmacy if needed before I get the mailed one from them.

Great idea of taking a picture of the new card. My card came yesterday so all is good.

Thanks

I just ordered my blood pressure medicine refill today and for a 90 day supply of a generic version of Bystolic, I was charged $290 through my SilverScript SmartSaver part D plan. I checked GoodRX and the lowest offer was $29 through Walmart for the same 90 day supply. Since I am also on a biologic medication, I will be in the catastrophic tier next month anyway, so this price doesn't really affect my out of pocket costs for the year. Our healthcare system is really screwed up.

Just to update....

I could not find a way to transfer my prescriptions to the new Wellcare Express Scripts mail order so I contacted my doctor and she sent new ones to Express Scripts. I had already stopped in at the office and had my new card scanned so it was in their system.

I have one prescription that is a Tier 3. I had been using a GoodRx coupon at a local pharmacy for this one. Over the past year or so it went from $16 for 90 days to $40 for 90 days. With Express Scripts it would have been $90. So I checked Mark Cuban's Cost Plus Drugs and they now carry that one for $15.80 plus $5.00 shipping!

I set up an account, filled out the form and sent it to my doctor. She sent it in on 1-11-24 and the order showed on the website as processing for a few days before it got shipped. It will get here in tomorrows mail.

Cost Plus Drugs has been expanding the drugs they carry and I was surprised that mine and one of DHs are now included. Very clear pricing structure and easy enough to use once you are set up.

I just started with Aetna Silver Scripts. It seems a lot better than the AARP Walgreens plan I was using. About 1/10th the monthly price and a much lower deductible. So far so good.

Back
Top Bottom