The first day back at the job after knee replacement.

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
As I walked out the door the Mrs said "You'll be exhausted by 3". I believe she was referring to my tendency to nap in the afternoon. My short term disability routine: go to physical therapy in the morning and come home, hit my recliner and snooze for an hour or 2. I thought to myself well Ive got to go back sometime. What I discovered:
1) My department has moved and my new digs are beautiful. My view looks out over the city and is quite grand. (Unfortunately it is a crime ridden little city).
2) There are a lot of stairs to get out of the parking garage and getting to my office involves more walking then I've done.
3) My backpack is way too heavy
4) Those tight parking spaces make it difficult to swing the new knee leg into the car.
5) When I circulated the email I am available for assignments I had three within 2 hours. After the first three i had to respond I'm already booked up.
6) I left at ten minutes to 5 and drove home exhausted. With all the walking the soreness in my new knee lessened. Also Iast night slept pretty well until large white fluffy dog woke me up about 10 minutes to six.

All in, I think the forced walking, standing and moving about are just the ticket. Oh and a three day work week should prove interesting. I am on the glide path out the door.

Mobility R Us. :dance:

Congrats on your new, if limited mobility. May your glide path out the door be a smooth one; and your glide path to improved mobility even smoother.

Best wishes!

The freedom to work part time and still land an office with a great view...you've got a good thing going there! Hope your new new knee gets with the program quickly.

Congrats on your new, if limited mobility. May your glide path out the door be a smooth one; and your glide path to improved mobility even smoother.

Best wishes!

+1

Back
Top Bottom