Vegan Cheese - Yum or Yuck?

If you had this kind of reaction to Daiya, you will probably to all of them. Because as you have said coconut oil is a big part of vegan cheese. We are dairy free in my house, not just lactose free. My daughter and I have reactions to dairy protein casin. Even in lactose free items we still react. So no dairy, except in very limit quantities on very special occasions and then we both prepare for the skin itchies that come for the next three days.

For any others that are interested in this post, my favorite vegan cheese is called VioLife. They have a feta that you would swear is real feta. They are a Greek company. I also like their shredded mozzarella and use it in my baked ziti recipe and to make my own pizzas.

I am plant based vegan by choice and I tend to stay clear of most vegan replacement items except when I am traveling or out to eat at a restaurant. There are some really good vegan substitutes, but they are expensive and usually contain a lot of oil or other ingredients that I would not say are healthy. They are healthier then animal products, but not healthy overall like say whole foods are.

OP, good for you to being open to trying something new, it never hurts to try. Well usually, I guess in your case, it hurts a little :cool:

We like Follow Your Heart Feta Crumbles, but in our BTD category.

I can't be vegan because I hate fake cheese and dairy.

Took me several days to get over my vegan cheese experience.

Next time if I have a big cheesburger craving, think I'll just get a real cheesebuger after chewing on one of two of those dairy relief tablets.

I'm not against vegan, but don't want to go through that vegan cheese thing again.

Vegan cream cheese is actually quite good.

As to beyond/impossible meat: I'm beyond impressed by how realistic the taste is but I am not at all convinced these are any better than real sausages or burgers. It's very likely just as poisonous (which I believe all processed meat is).

I'd be willing to try lab created meat at some point, once it's commercially available.

Back
Top Bottom