What was Your Workout Today?

I am a former pitcher and have had cuff problems. For cuff health, elastic tubing work did more for me than anything else.

Thanks for that! I found and ordered a nice resistance band set on Amazon.
I purchased a nice set of resistance bands a few months back, to use mainly during the cold weather months when I'm not outdoors getting my exercise gardening, landscaping, and maintaining the old homestead, or for when I just don't feel like trudging out to the gym. I just started using them last week, and love them!

Late last night, as usual, I went for a nice 3 mile brisk walk. Clear skies, brightly twinkling stars, no wind, and a balmy 16 degrees! I try to go walking or biking every day (or night) unless it's snowing or raining hard.

Now that I've lost the "bulk" of my excess weight, I've gone from 90 minutes of intense cardio down to 60 minutes... and replace the 30 min. of cardio with weight training. It will be a while till I am lifting the same weights as I did in my younger days.

18 tons today, and it felt really GOOD to be lifting again... :D

My gym is not far from a major hospital. When I go to the gym I see lots of people in various conditions, some recovering from illness or surgery, and some suffering from injuries, extreme old age, or other physical issues. It really brings home what is important in life. I feel so lucky to be healthy, uninjured, and able to work out and enjoy it.

I admit it.... I slacked off and/or skipped the gym far too much over the holidays. The weather and traffic were bad, and our lives were so full.

Got to get back to it, though. Today I did what I thought was a pretty low key, easy weight lifting routine. Same 21 machines but lower weights.

Tonight I am SO sore. :blush:

:D

5 hours of Pickleball. 3 hours early morning, followed by lunch, then another 2 hours this afternoon. Will be interesting to see if I can move tomorrow. :)

I haven't returned to my mini-stepper, fitness ball, and resistance band with cartoons regimen yet. I have, however, continued my living room dance-ercise with barbells. My overall tone is decent.

I weighed myself today...I am 8 lbs lighter today than my highest weight in 2014. I have been slowly losing weight over the past year, then gaining a little, losing a little, but the net loss is still 8 lbs. It's been that way for over a month.

Time to kick it up a notch :dance:

Snowboarding yesterday....I am so sore today. Today, I am doing some snowshoeing with a dear friend. I am making a real effort to do more winter sports. I have also been ice skating lately.

I haven't returned to my mini-stepper, fitness ball, and resistance band with cartoons regimen yet. I have, however, continued my living room dance-ercise with barbells. My overall tone is decent.

I weighed myself today...I am 8 lbs lighter today than my highest weight in 2014. I have been slowly losing weight over the past year, then gaining a little, losing a little, but the net loss is still 8 lbs. It's been that way for over a month.

Time to kick it up a notch :dance:

I never stopped working out between Thanksgiving and New Years, but I went the opposite direction weight wise, +8 lbs:facepalm:

Started lifting weights (again). Goal is to lift every other day. I guess it's kind of a New Years resolution. Incline press, overhead press, 2 triceps exercises, curls, rows, lat pulls. 3 sets of 10.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Got to get back to it, though. Today I did what I thought was a pretty low key, easy weight lifting routine. Same 21 machines but lower weights.

Tonight I am SO sore. :blush:

:D

It's amazing how quickly the atrophy sets in, isn't it? We skipped a couple of days over the holidays too, and then yesterday and today we were down with some mild bug. Back to it tomorrow, but gently. I hope not to repeat your experience.:D

5km run with DW. Doing a half marathon in April in the San Juan Islands.

Actually felt pretty good... not going to say "great" because running when it's just a couple degrees above zero "ain't my thang"... ;)

My buddy and I went on a 48 mile ride on my road bike down PCH through Orange County today. It was beautiful out today but we had a head wind coming back which made it a little tough.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I never stopped working out between Thanksgiving and New Years, but I went the opposite direction weight wise, +8 lbs:facepalm:
It's all muscle perhaps ? :cool:
In addition to weighing myself, I also measure key locations on my body. The middle pudge is the most important for me. I'm an "apple" type.

It's all muscle perhaps ? :cool:

A few years ago that might have been true when I was lifting heavier weights with more intensity. Now I am just in maintenance mode, as father time just keeps holding me back:nonono:

Worked out using megacorp gym. My workout is focused on increasing strength for my golf game. Jogged 20 minutes on treadmill afterward. This has been my routine for the last two weeks. I hope to keep this up hereon.

2.5 hour Lake Effect Snow W*rkout...it's all the rage in upstate NY. :cool:

Armed with a plastic shovel for the steps and a long handled squeegee for the cars, I battled 13 inches of light fluffy snow.
I went slowly, took stretching breaks. Mr B has a heart condition, so he is forbidden from helping.
The snow plow guy came twice. YAY !
I had to start up the snowblower to clear next to the mailbox. I discovered it has an AC plug in connection for the starter. It was hidden underneath and not labeled. No more pulling the cord. :dance:
I did blow snow back in my face though. Once. ;)

I feel sore but good. Now I can have some ice cream tonight. :D

Last edited:
First gym workout of the new year. Predictably very busy with the New Year's resolution crowd... just managed to snag the last available stationary bike.

Anyway, did 10 miles of hills on the bike, 5 miles on the treadmill. Then an hour of weights. I'm tuckered...and now I have to make dinner for DW. :)

Lifted 16.8 tons on my usual machines, against my better judgment. Last Friday's workout that left me very painfully sore, mad at the world because of the pain, and generally miserable all weekend, was only 15.1 tons on the same machines. But today I wasn't as sore at all, the weather was beautiful, and I arrived at the gym with a bounce in my step and a big smile on my face, full of energy and get-up-and-go. So, I figured, "Hey, why not?" and raised the weights on almost every machine. :blush:

So far, so good. Sometimes the first day back after the holidays is the toughest for me and I'm hoping that by now I am done with all the pain.

Back
Top Bottom