What was Your Workout Today?

Weather permitting, bicycling is my "cardio"; otherwise, walking.

It's worth remembering that resistance training is "cardio" to an extent. I usually walk 0.5-1.0 miles before hitting the machines. Yesterday, I went to the rec center for "leg day". It was damp and chilly, and even after walking for twenty minutes, I was still chilled a bit, especially my fingers.

Enter set one of leg presses, a set of eight at 210 lbs.

No longer cold...

But I use weights that are challenging. No 100 rep sets with five pounds, which is really only slightly glorified cardio.

Workout today will be similar to yesterday - 10 mile bike (moderate hill), 3 mile run (treadmill), then weight training. Yesterday was arms, back, abs...today shoulders, chest, triceps...

Will keep this up till Friday - weekend is recovery time. :)

sets of 25

3 sets trx rows
3 sets 17.5 lb curls
3 sets 135 lb lat pulls
3 sets 17.5 in/out curls
3 sets 17.5 seated shoulder press (last set was 35 reps)
3 sets trx reverse flys
3 sets trx overhead tri extension

Monday: 45 minutes stairmaster

Tuesday: 1 minute sprints on treadmill followed by 30 burpees - 10 rounds

Wednesday: Back day
5 sets of 15 inverted rows (changing grip every 5 reps)
5 sets of 20 bent over back flyes with dumbbells (40 pounds)
5 sets of 5 landmine rows using towel grip (90 pounds)
5 sets of 15 dumbbell lat extensions (40 pounds)
5 sets of 15 lat pulldowns (100 pounds)
5 sets of 10 alternating plyometric pushups

Thursday: Leg Day
8 sets of 3 barbell squats (225 pounds)
5 sets of 3 angled leg presses (540 pounds)
5 sets of 15 box jumps

Plyo pushup demo (I hate these things):

Last edited:
It's Bowflex time right now. I do three minutes of elliptical beforehand just to warm up the muscles.

50 Mile Bike / 6 Mile Run today... after reading all this... thinking of adding weights back in to the schedule.. Longer run scheduled for tomorrow and meeting with Tai Chi group.

Today I am exercising with Crystal Gayle, Gloria Estefan, and Enya (for the slower ballet moves).
Barbells are in my hands and I'm dancing in the living room.
:dance:

These types of moves are great for balance and overall flexibility.

Last edited:
Four sets to fail of twelve ounce curls...

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

I don't remember what it was called, but remember that thing you showed a video of, where you push a sled across the room? That seems like it would have a huge cardio component to it.

Yes, that was a sled workout. I consider it to be a HIT type workout. You get cardio and resistance, and is probably similar to what you get from sprinting.

Another day, another workout...10 mile bike (incline, Level 15), 5 mile run, weights (chest, shoulders, triceps).

DW said last night "lookin' good hun...". That's all the motivation I need to keep going.:)

I'm now teaching martial arts classes twice a week at our dojo, so now that I'm in FIRE, I've started a morning workout at home for 1 hr to go over what I'll be teaching that night.

Good sweat going w/ some cardio and lots of 'core' motions/movements - I think that this will be good for 2015 - drop some unwanted lbs, too!

2 Mile swim followed by 30 minute upper body strength workout ... Hope to get back to a bit more lifting but starting slow..

Rode the stationary bike at the gym yesterday instead of weights. Actually it was a pretty wimpy workout since I am feeling very weak and miserable due to a winter cold, sinuses, and more right now. At least I was able to do something and to keep up the habit of going there. Later I went home and napped on and off until bedtime. :)

Rejoined the gym where DH has continued for the past year, starting Feb 1. Oh my. That should count as a workout :).

Cut up a 60' tree which was dead on its feet, then blown over by the wind. Then did 8 pull up, negatives only.

A naked singularity is always cloaked by an event horizon:cool:

MWF resistance training. TTS 65 minutes on the elliptical machine

An hour and a half shoveling snow, then an hour of yoga.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom