Are investor's chasing the gravy?

kgtest

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Things are just chugging along...and whee a little dip in the day.

So maybe not as "soft" a landing as we anticipated?

market-dive-dec20-2023.png

I noticed SmallCaps took a little beating...but they had a very nice last month and can afford some profit taking.

Is the chase on for the perfect "mix" of Small/Mid/Large now?

Folks should have their plan, and stick to it.

Simple as that.

There is no need to chase anything...ever.

Simple as that.

Bingo.

I'm retired now. While working, I was always scrambling against the clock, to try to catch-up, because with investing, I got a late start. Therefore, I never was able to grow a cash-stash, a "dry powder" sleeve.

So, the portfolio was always fully invested, except for any "cash" held by the funds, which is always rather low. And I don't directly control that. ...Now wife and I have opened a taxable Joint Acct, and there is more direct-control. But it's less than 14% of total, still.

I'm not chasing gravy. Never could AFFORD to do that. Even so, we've got the bases covered--- as well as anyone can.

Things are just chugging along...and whee a little dip in the day.

So maybe not as "soft" a landing as we anticipated?

View attachment 47932

I noticed SmallCaps took a little beating...but they had a very nice last month and can afford some profit taking.

Is the chase on for the perfect "mix" of Small/Mid/Large now?
The Fed clearly signaled that they were seeing slowing in several metrics and various areas in the economy. One of the reasons they are on hold and think they will probably ease next year.

The markets ignored this outlook, too busy partying which is typical for this time of year.

The Fed clearly signaled that they were seeing slowing in several metrics and various areas in the economy. One of the reasons they are on hold and think they will probably ease next year.

The markets ignored this outlook, too busy partying which is typical for this time of year.

The lower rates trump everything for now. The market is discounting a soft landing or no landing.

And of course Wall Street is not equal to Main Street, for a number of reasons.

Simple as that.

+2

Back
Top Bottom