Preferred Stock Investing-The Good , The Bad and The In Between 2015 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed Winemaker and bought 300 shares of AGO-E. I moved money into Roth as I actually worked some this year to scrap up enough money. Look how compelling the risk/reward is to AGO-F... The Puerto Rico stuff isnt that weighty on AGO. 6.25% higher quality debt risk seems like a strong relative value and under par too.

I grabbed 400 shares at $24.94

I picked up 5300 shares between 3 of my accounts at 24.92 and 24.93. This replaces my ENH-C which just got called. Thanks for the info on this one. It's hard to find anything worthwhile these days.

Have been following this thread for some time and decided to jump in.

Bought 123 AGO-E @24.93 (77 remaining)
Bought 200 SPLP-T @20.25

WOW... seems that Vanguard does not have the T on their system.... not great IMO...

OK.. found it... not the same as the As.... but I got a bid in...

Last edited:
Okay, okay you guys all blew me out of the water this AM. AGO-E opened at $24.91, which is where I had my limit order set, but gone sucked away at $24.92, $24.93, $24.94, $24.95, and is stuck at $24.96 now. I mean 200 shares at a nickel apiece, where's a guy to catch a break?
That conversation between Mully and I, I mean, like, was almost private, and then Mully, man, then you skunked me. How's a guy to make a buck?:LOL:

Now I gotta go back in and change my order.

Okay, okay you guys all blew me out of the water this AM. AGO-E opened at $24.91, which is where I had my limit order set, but gone sucked away at $24.92, $24.93, $24.94, $24.95, and is stuck at $24.96 now. I mean 200 shares at a nickel apiece, where's a guy to catch a break?

That conversation between Mully and I, I mean, like, was almost private, and then Mully, man, then you skunked me. How's a guy to make a buck?:LOL:

Now I gotta go back in and change my order.

You are such a tight wad, Winemaker...I just figured you backed out the divi and bought at that price...Squeezing the ol Indian chasing the buffalo type, lol! I just hit market to be done with it and got $24.96... This outfit better not go bankrupt or I am going to be changing my online name! :)

WOW... seems that Vanguard does not have the T on their system.... not great IMO...

OK.. found it... not the same as the As.... but I got a bid in...

I couldnt find it on Vanguard either...TradeKing and TD had it though for me.

Have been following this thread for some time and decided to jump in.

Bought 123 AGO-E @24.93 (77 remaining)
Bought 200 SPLP-T @20.25

Ngine, you did good sneaking in at 20.25...Congrats to you!

I picked up 5300 shares between 3 of my accounts at 24.92 and 24.93. This replaces my ENH-C which just got called. Thanks for the info on this one. It's hard to find anything worthwhile these days.

Winemaker, ya need to blame, Freedom56! I was just a 300 share peanut player...

26.50ish is pretty close to where I bought it the first time around.

Jim did you get in today with AILLL? I bought 200 more myself.. One these days I am going to buy something more stupid than my 300share JBR purchase was....And it is going to sting and tick me off and then I will sell off everything and just buy all this and be done with it all. :)

I went to the stock research and looked up SPLP and it did not show the T... but I typed in like A except put on the T at the end... it found it... I then clicked the buy button and was able to place an order... but I guess I have it too cheap as it is just hanging around...

https://investor.vanguard.com/search/?query=splp_pt

STEEL PRTNRS HLD (SPLP_pt)

Thanks Texas... It appears except for a few trades early this morning its trading close enough to SPLP-A for me not to bother...And I sure as hell aint buying more...While I dont consider this a very risky issue, its still not a utility preferred, so I am not going hog wild here...Speaking of utilities ol Pacific Gas and Electric on a multi day bare butt spanking behind the woodshed. Never been a company that I ever had any interest in buying preferreds or not.

I'm in for 300 AGO-E at 24.95, used the funds received from TCF that was called today.

Preferred Stock Investing-The Good , The Bad and The In Between

I'm in for 300 AGO-E at 24.95, used the funds received from TCF that was called today.

RE, Everybody joined the party but Coolius...He must be busy today...Ok, Texas helped me feel good about myself pocketing a nickel profit... I sold off 400shares of SPLp-a at $21.10 and snagged 400 of SPLP-T at $20.55... I feel so smart, lol...

Someone peed in my party punch bowl, not only did I have to up my ante to $24.96, it only was a partial at 111 shares.:facepalm:

Winemaker, Quit being a tightwad, lol. I had an odd lot of cash let over and bought 75 more shares at market close with a market order and got $24.96... So I got 375. That will probably be it....Close enough to $10k. Since I have to work tommorrow and will be bored, I will watch for any arb trading to SPLP-T to humor myself and pass time....My lineup has changed a bit and this is what I got...SPLP-A, SPLP-T, AILLL, CNTHP,DMRRP,KYN-F, AGO-E, NSS, FIISO, BURCP, CTWSO, MSEXP, ABRN, JBR, RILYL, CNLPL, LXP-C.

RE, Everybody joined the party but Coolius...He must be busy today...Ok, Texas helped me feel good about myself pocketing a nickel profit... I sold off 400shares of SPLp-a at $21.10 and snagged 400 of SPLP-T at $20.55... I feel so smart, lol...

Count me out on the AGO train. I just have nervousness with the concept of a muni insurer. I feel more comfortable with P&C insurers betting against Acts of God vs a muni insurer backstopping freewheeling politicians. :)

Count me out on the AGO train. I just have nervousness with the concept of a muni insurer. I feel more comfortable with P&C insurers betting against Acts of God vs a muni insurer backstopping freewheeling politicians. :)

I dont know if I love either, lol... Until we hear saber rattling of cities going bankrupt from pension obligations, I will hold... The economy is lurching forward fine, so the can is surely being kicked down the road far enough for me. It is just amazing how much money these companies have...The assets (and obligation liabilities, too) are just immense.

as 50 cent say, fitty cent is fitty cent :cool:

Sounds good to me.... pocket a nickel is better than a loss...

BUT, it looks like you made more than a nickel... from what I see the divi is $1.50 per year or .375 per qtr.... and last divi was paid 9/15... so going by quick math that is 1/3rd or 12.5 cents... so 21.10 - 20.55 - .13 is 42 cents per share... or $168....

Not bad at all....

Preferred Stock Investing-The Good , The Bad and The In Between

Sounds good to me.... pocket a nickel is better than a loss...

BUT, it looks like you made more than a nickel... from what I see the divi is $1.50 per year or .375 per qtr.... and last divi was paid 9/15... so going by quick math that is 1/3rd or 12.5 cents... so 21.10 - 20.55 - .13 is 42 cents per share... or $168....

Not bad at all....

Texas this thing is trading like a grey market issue...It had an ask of $20.69... I already locked in my sell of the A’s prior to buying. So I went ahead and offered asked price...It sat for 5 minutes and wouldnt buy it...Then I raised it to $20.70 above ask price and then about 5 minutes later it sold to me at $20.55... Weird, but I will take it.

as 50 cent say, fitty cent is fitty cent :cool:

Except when you are standing behind him at Walmart. His bill will be $100 and he wont leave until he negotiates for 5 minutes with cashier to settle at $99.50, lol...

Ok, Moorebonds... You have fearlessly owned Mreits, shippers,and high yield Puerto Rican bank preferreds...And you are scared of a muni insurer with a pristine credit rating? Have you turned 40 or something? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom