Any Travel Plan for 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a great trip scheduled for early September 2019 in Croatia. I have eight siblings, and we are all retired. My siblings, along with their spouses and significant others are going to go on a bike and boat Trip through the islands of Croatia. This is an eight day trip, onboard a boat with 17 cabins , so it will accommodate all of us. The bikes are e-bikes, which makes the biking fun and easy for us old folks. (Some of us couldn't do this trip without e-bikes)
I have never been to Croatia before, although I have been to Italy and I understand that the weather is fairly close to Italy and warm and comfortable in September. Has anyone else ever done these bike trips? The tour company that we are going with is called Tripsite. They have a really nice looking boat, a guide on our daily bike trips through the islands, stopping in small villages of Croatia. They provide lodging and meals, and the price is very reasonable. I will report back and let people know how this trip went. This company has electric bikes, which make the biking through the hilly country of the Croatian islands very easy. A lot of us already ride electric bikes, and so are familiar with them.

Sounds like a lot of fun, particularly as you can have the family group together. About the 17 cabins, I assume that they are double-occupancy, and so there will be other travelers besides your family?

Yes, please keep us posted, as I am sure other readers are also interested.

And welcome to the forum (seeing that this is your 1st post).

We arrived in New Orleans Wednesday and am having fun. However, it’s so hot that I got overheated twice. Hopping on a cruise tomorrow.

We arrived in New Orleans Wednesday and am having fun. However, it’s so hot that I got overheated twice. Hopping on a cruise tomorrow.

DD#1 is also a grad of RIT (making an assumption here). Congrats!
Fingerlakes are absolutely stunning that time of year. Reisslings on the south shore of Keuka are worth the drive.

The finger lakes are wonderful! You can purchase a wine tour pass online for discounts at many of the wineries.

All 3 of my kids graduated from RIT as well. Great school!

We are in Australia (Noosa on the Sunshine Coast). The area just dodged a substantial cyclone. The waves and surf remain very high. Some sand has washed away from the beaches but they will pump it back later in the week. Just waiting for the clouds to blow through so that the blue sky can appear.

Our third visit to Oz. If we were ever going to consider emigrating to another country this would be it for us.

Last edited:
We spent the last two winters in AU and loved it!

This year we are in Palm Springs for 6 weeks (we leave in 2 days). Then we have a month at home with guests coming to visit, so it will be busy.

We fly out the 2nd of April to Florida and will meet up with my brother and his family, some of whom will be there from Michigan on Spring break - great timing!

We will catch a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome then go to Tuscany. From there we will go to the French Riviera, then on to Austria, then to Southern Germany. We will take a train to Hamburg where we will catch a cruise to N.Y. and arrive there on June 30th. We have most of the trip booked except for transportation within Europe (a few car rentals and trains.)

We will spend about 5 days in New York then fly back to Portland to begin the summer of biking, hiking, backpacking and camping.

Life is very good.

Helen, I am impressed with all that travel. What do you do in Palm Springs for 6 weeks?

We spent the last two winters in AU and loved it!

This year we are in Palm Springs for 6 weeks (we leave in 2 days). Then we have a month at home with guests coming to visit, so it will be busy.

We fly out the 2nd of April to Florida and will meet up with my brother and his family, some of whom will be there from Michigan on Spring break - great timing!

We will catch a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome then go to Tuscany. From there we will go to the French Riviera, then on to Austria, then to Southern Germany. We will take a train to Hamburg where we will catch a cruise to N.Y. and arrive there on June 30th. We have most of the trip booked except for transportation within Europe (a few car rentals and trains.)

We will spend about 5 days in New York then fly back to Portland to begin the summer of biking, hiking, backpacking and camping.

Life is very good.

Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Helen, I am impressed with all that travel. What do you do in Palm Springs for 6 weeks?

Well we dodge the cold and rain in Portland by coming down here, though this year has been chilly and has had record breaking rain. We drove down here and brought our bikes, the area is flat so it's a great place to ride. We also played tennis (OK, I tried to return volleys) and took long walks. The place we stayed has a really nice and big swimming pool so we used that when we could. The hot tubs were great at night.

We also had a friend stayed with us for a week and other friends have been in Palm Springs while we were here so we got together with them. The time has flown.

Next year we have a 3 bedroom condo rented and will be here for at least 10 weeks. Some of our friends are starting to retire so will invite some of them to stay with us while we are here. We want to space it out so we have time by ourselves in between friends being here.

Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Thanks Scuba! We are doing it while we can.

Flying to Tasmania tomorrow for eight days. Looking forward to it.

Flying to Tasmania tomorrow for eight days. Looking forward to it.

I’ll be interested to hear what you thought. We researched Australia quite a bit and were trying to decide if we should spend time on Tasmania, Kangaroo Island, or both. Both seem to have a lot to offer but not sure how much overlap there is.

Cruise Miami to Barcelona in april. Fly from Barcelona to Dublin and cruise to Iceland. In June doing Paris Normandy riverboat.

Finish work May 3rd. Flying to Italy for a two week trip late May into June. In the process of arranging a trip to the Grand Canyon and Los Angeles (I want to revisit some museums and my medical school alma mater) in August. We’ll be driving to New Hampshire this fall to visit friends who moved there last year. Probably a bunch of day trips or overnight trips to get more familiar with Pennsylvania-we want to see PA’s Grand Canyon, the elk, and other things in the more mountainous areas around the state. I have another friend who has invited us to their beach house on the southern Jersey shore, probably in the fall.

Cruise Miami to Barcelona in april. Fly from Barcelona to Dublin and cruise to Iceland. In June doing Paris Normandy riverboat.

Nice.

Five week trip cross country. Reservations in the NP Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier, Olympic, drive down coast of Washington and Oregon. Then drive back the northern part of the country.

Five week trip cross country. Reservations in the NP Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier, Olympic, drive down coast of Washington and Oregon. Then drive back the northern part of the country.
Great adventure!

I just signed up for a birding trip to Utah and Nevada. New area for me. It's in July, but that doesn't seem to make that much of a difference out there.

Officially retired as of yesterday after 38 years. I was getting tired of non-stop work travel. So what do I plan to do first? A 5 week trip to South America starting next Sunday (at least it is on my own schedule now)!

We are taking the slow route through Chile, across the Andes into Argentina then across Patagonia to Buenos Aires and Uruguay. Staying in Air BnB's and making our own itinerary, so it wont be very expensive in that regard. Then we will probably do a trip to Ireland in the fall.

Officially retired as of yesterday after 38 years. I was getting tired of non-stop work travel. So what do I plan to do first? A 5 week trip to South America starting next Sunday (at least it is on my own schedule now)!

We are taking the slow route through Chile, across the Andes into Argentina then across Patagonia to Buenos Aires and Uruguay. Staying in Air BnB's and making our own itinerary, so it wont be very expensive in that regard. Then we will probably do a trip to Ireland in the fall.

Congratulations on retiring! Your trip sounds amazing. I hope you will post a trip report when you return.

Just returned from our second annual golf trip to Hilton Head Island. In addition to the golf we enjoyed the walks on the beach. While the weather wasn't the greatest, it was much better than we had back home in Central Pa. Had 6 inches of snow to clean up when we got home.

Just got back from a 11 day trip. 3 days in New Orleans and then a 8 day Caribbean cruise. Nice to escape our snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom