Best Season?

Around here, the only good months are June and July. June is (usually) warm and green. July is the only month I've never seen [-]snow[/-] sn*w

Fall, Summer, Spring & Winter in that order up here in Chicagoland. September is my favorite month, cooler and more breeze (for sailing). Nothing beats a breezy crisp fall day with blue skies, a few cumulus clouds and all the trees turning color. October ain't bad either, but a little less predictable. Winter is awful, March is almost unbearable (cabin fever).

Just as a friendly aside - - in the South, at least, whether or not someone is a "Northerner" has absolutely nothing to do with that person's geographic location. This is a perfect illustration of that fact. :)
Yes, my ex-GF from Houma, LA would get upset when the Aussies referred to her as a Yank.

What’s your favorite season where you live? Everywhere I’ve lived, Sept. and Oct. are warm, the tourists are gone, kids are back in school, the water is warm, the leaves turn. Some people here like rainy days in November because they signal snow on the ski slopes. What’s the best month to travel to your area?
Favorite season is anytime but November through March. :LOL:
Best month to travel to upstate NY is definitely June-October. You get the full range of temps and precipitation, none in the extreme.
My favorite time personally is very late August, just before Labor Day, when everyone is in the stores scurrying to get ready for school and not crowding the public parks and lakes. Temps are still in the 80s and rain is infrequent.
Second favorite is fall, when the trees are ablaze, the days mild and the nights cool. Harvest time is directly experienced out here in the country.

Attachments

• ATT00052.jpg
    ATT00052.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Delta_0032.jpg
    Delta_0032.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
November to April is the most temperate in my part of Thailand and is the high-tourist season, but I prefer May to September when it rains at night and the golf courses are empty. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom