Cruising

My wife and I are considering a round trip cruise from Vancouver to Alaska through the Inside Passage..Wondering if anyone here has taken that cruise and would appreciate your trip review and suggestions..
We just got back from a Holland Land and Sea trip Vancouver cruise to Seward then over land to Denali and then Fairbanks. If I do it again, I will fly to Vancouver not just one day but several days earlier to see more of this lovely city. We rented an air bnb which I also recommend. I also would not take the land portion of the tour as a group. Cattle on a bus all day. Too much ground to cover. Bags out night before, load at 0630, out late trying to see some of the area, rinse and repeat. And the Fairbanks hotel needs to be torn down. I would drive or fly nearer Denali and then rent a car and do it at my own pace. I did like seeing Jeff King's sled doghomestead (do read Cold Hands Warm Heart beforehand). And we had fun on an ATV tour near Denali. Needed more time and more sleep there.

Lawman, if the ports are Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan then I've done it 2×. In Juneau we walked up to Roberts Tramway took it up the hill & great hike. Did Adventure Park too .... love zip lines ;) Skagway you can either walk to town or rent a 4wheel. Used a cab in Keychikan but Uber could work too ... went to an island 1st time & gold panning 2nd time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom