Driving from Ingolstadt, Germany to Paris, France

settam

Dryer sheet wannabe
Need advice and recommendations. My brother takes delivery of his new Audi S5 in Ingolstadt, Germany early November. We are trying to plan a route from Ingolstadt to Paris over seven days, then a couple days stay in Paris. Then fly home.
We greatly appreciate thoughts on things to do and see, as well as good to great hotels and restaurants.

Thanks in advance.

May I suggest the following cities: Munich, Baden-Baden, Strasbourg and Dijon.

If it could be worked out without too painful a detour, Bamberg would a must. When the kids are old enough to absorb some of what we will see, we will definately go back and take them to see it.

I was going to suggest Rothenburg, Neuschwanstein (Castle, pics below) & Heidelberg.
  • Rothenburg is probably too far out of the way north, it's picture book charming but a little touristy.
  • Neuschwanstein is south, it is so stunning I'd make the trip, but it depends on what you want to see there.
  • However, Heidelberg isn't out of the way at all, so I'd recommend it.
Bavaria (I second Munich & Baden-Baden and add Garmisch-Partenkirchen) and southern Germany are far more picturesque than northern Germany IMO. I'd also second Strasbourg & Dijon, I don't remember Bamberg although I lived in Stuttgart for 4 years (too long ago to be current on restaurants).

Might help us all if you gave some info on your interests...

schloss-neuschwanstein-33.jpg

neuschwanstein_01.jpg

OK, this is one very good reason buy a new European luxury car. I'm assuming that your brother is into cars if he's willing to fly to Europe to take delivery. How about the various car manufacturers' museums in Stuttgart? The M-B one was great. The Porsche one was a joke 11 years ago, but I heard that they have since upgraded it.

Back
Top Bottom