How to Get Cheap Flights To London In June?

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW & I are pondering a visit to the UK (from Los Angeles) in June if we can get a cheap flight. There are some sub$600 flights in March but can't find anything comparable for any time in June, early June is OK for us, maybe even the last week in May. Also surprised by the various 'fees' tacked on mostly for security, how much are they these days?

Your mileage may vary...

Figure ~$270 taxes and fees pp round trip.

Airline tickets go up and down with the seasons and based on demand. Your timeframe is closing in on peak-season. You should expect to pay quite a bit more than winter or spring prices.

Sales, should they occur may be just for the next month or two. I would advise you to wait until (~middle) April before you book anything. If there are any sale fairs then they may come out at that time for June travel.

I do notice that British Airways is having a sale right now for travel until late May. Can you be flexible with your schedule ?

June, July and August are peak times so you will pay more than in March. The teaser prices quoted for flights usually omit taxes and fees that can almost double the total cost on some flights.
You can reduce the total cost of a trip if you book hotels and cars with your flight and travel mid week. Take a look at Virgin Atlantic and BA for offers.

In Late May, it looks like you could get the price down to the $700-$800 range RT per person (Air Canada). In June, the best prices I find start at around $1,100 (Air New Zealand or Air Canada depending on the dates).

The other thing (besides the huge seasonal cost differences) to keep in mind is that the prices often change hour to hour. Keep checking, keep checking, keep checking, and be flexible in your dates. You can get good deals, believe me.

Subscribe to emails from all the airlines that fly to your chosen destination. Then when a good deal hits your computer be ready to book it.

Back
Top Bottom