Where's your fave spot for to beat the cold in Feb /March?

It depends on how long we are going.

If it is for 8 or 9 weeks our top choice is Thailand/Malaysia/Australia. These are long flights for us so we only go if we can do 2 months or so.

For three weeks or so our favourites are Zihautanejo, Puerto Vallarta area, or Costa Rica. Bonus for us is that we can fly direct from Canada to all three.

We used to do a fair amount of cruises in the Caribbean. That became very stale after a while.

You came during our 3 weeks of winter! I even turned on my heat one night!:angel:

I love it, and wait all year for it.

So can Florida. It got down to 35 degrees when we were in Orlando last week. It quickly warmed up to the 80s towards the end of the week though.

You came during our 3 weeks of winter! I even turned on my heat one night!:angel:

I love it, and wait all year for it.

3 nights we WISHED we had heat to turn on. We had to make due with extra layers and sleeping under a comforter. Every year when this happens we swear to ourselves we'll replace the door and windows - but then it warms up. Today, I realized I was starting to sweat and had to open more windows. Good times have returned.

Orlando near Lake Buena Vista. We get a room with a kitchen in a specific location that has ways to sneak around some of the traffic. No exotic destinations for us.

We pick a different spot every year. Last year was Puerto Vallarta. This year will be an extended stay in Mazatlan.

In the three weeks, we've been in Mazatlan, the weather has been darn near perfect. Not a single day of rain and temps in the upper 70's during the day. At night, we might need a long sleeve shirt or light jacket (lows in the 50's).

Just got back from Florida after 2+ weeks.

5 days in Naples. AirBnB with a pool. Upstairs apartment attached to a house. Close to downtown. Traffic was a pain, but we knew that from past experiences. Beaches were in good shape, considering all they have been through with Ian.

On the somber side, we drove up to Ft. Myers on Estero Blvd. The destruction there from Ian was mind boggling. I fear the developers are already moving in and old Ft. Myers Beach will be filled with high rises and high costs.

4 days on Marco Island with DW's cousin. High rise condo on the beach. Not our cup of tea, but we can handle it for free. More beach time and pool time.

7 days on Hutchinson Island (Jensen Beach). Had a VRBO in an upscale trailer park (is that an oxymoron?). Cute double wide, well decked out. Private pool and beach access across the street. Hit 2 Cardinals spring training games, lots of beach and pool time.

Weather was perfect the entire time in FL.

We bought a ranch in Mexico in the beach nearly 20
years ago, now live about 40 min north of Puerto Vallarta on the beach, been here the last 3 years and love �� it! Weather is bullet proof!

We have been beating the morning cold with a cuppa Joe in front of the pellet stove.
Hit its thermostat on the way out of the bedroom, and in about 10 minutes we got a nice fire going.

Nov-Dec we are in Dominican Republic, north shore (Puerto Plata)
January we are in southern Florida (Sebring, Weston)
February we are in Florida Keys (Key West, Key Largo)

While this schedule is not for everyone, it has been working for us the past 9 years and generally keeps us away from weather below 40 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom