Yellowstone/Tetons, Spearfish/ Rushmore

When I was married and we had a motorhome a month of traveling was plenty in a confined area. We spent 4 days in Yellowstone and 2 days in the grand Tetons. I think it depends on how long you like to be away from home.

Hate to be a "wet blanket"...but...

Sorry, hate to be a wet blanket, but if you hadn't already booked your Yellowstone site.... ITS FILLED!!
We booked ours in October!! [actually two of the larger pull through sites: one for us and one for relative meeting us there]...and even then could only get towards the end of the season. And the sites needed for the "big rigs", especially fifth wheel or larger A class, are booked first in most cases { which makes some sense in that those likely to need the larger spots usually recognize the need to book early...or not be able to find any appropriate sites}

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the suggestions. We have made reservations in Duboise Wy. for 10 ,then moving to Evansville Wy for 5 nights, on to Spearfish for 5 nights. That is for our "destination" camps to see the sites. I'm still looking at our return trip stops traveling home from Spearfish. I used Good Sam, Recreation.gov and RV trip wizard for planning. We are leaving home May 10, to arrive in Duboise May 19, and figure to be back home near end of June or so. We are looking forward to it a lot!

^ Great enjoy your time. A day trip from Spearfish and stop you could make is Medora with plenty to do for a day or two there.

We have lifetime friends that live in Spearfish. The couple that stood up for us when we got married live there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom