Any users of Xfinity 's cell service (Datasaver plan)?

omni550

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Does anyone use Xfinity's Datasaver plan for their cell phone service? (Must have internet through Xfinity to qualify.) Any feedback on your experience?

"Xfinity Mobile runs on Verizon’s strong and reliable network, but it’s Xfinity’s more than 18 million Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide that can help subscribers cut costs by only paying for the data they use.

In addition to using Wi-Fi at home, nearly 70% of customers connect to those hotspots while on the go to limit data usage."

https://clark.com/technology/xfinity-mobile-lowered-cell-phone-bill-comcast/

omni

Does anyone use Xfinity's Datasaver plan for their cell phone service? (Must have internet through Xfinity to qualify.) Any feedback on your experience?

"Xfinity Mobile runs on Verizon’s strong and reliable network, but it’s Xfinity’s more than 18 million Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide that can help subscribers cut costs by only paying for the data they use.

In addition to using Wi-Fi at home, nearly 70% of customers connect to those hotspots while on the go to limit data usage."

https://clark.com/technology/xfinity-mobile-lowered-cell-phone-bill-comcast/

omni
DH has it and I will soon. Love the $12 a month bills. Don't like that I'll have to buy a new Android from them when I switch over. He says the service probably wouldn't have been adequate when he was still working, but it's fine for him now.

DH has it and I will soon. Love the $12 a month bills. Don't like that I'll have to buy a new Android from them when I switch over. He says the service probably wouldn't have been adequate when he was still working, but it's fine for him now.

Thanks, SumDay. Could you please elaborate a bit on the part I bolded, above?

omni

Sometimes there could be a drag when trying to watch a video or open a picture. When he was w*rking, he was a contractor, so he got lots of pictures of broken parts, videos of strange noises something was making, etc. When we were on AT&T, he could open those anywhere. Now, not so much. But, now the videos he gets these days are of the granddog chewing something up, and those can wait until he gets back on wi-fi to watch them.

Does that help?

Sometimes there could be a drag when trying to watch a video or open a picture. When he was w*rking, he was a contractor, so he got lots of pictures of broken parts, videos of strange noises something was making, etc. When we were on AT&T, he could open those anywhere. Now, not so much. But, now the videos he gets these days are of the granddog chewing something up, and those can wait until he gets back on wi-fi to watch them.

Does that help?
Yes it does. Thanks!

I'm on the Xfinity cell phone plan as well.

Bill is $12 if I use less than 100mb of data. Easy since most days I have home WiFi or just wait till I find a public hotspot.

A few months while traveling I used the mobile data, then my bill was $20 something. Great deal for me.

Key is to obsessively turn off mobile data. The service is not good for kids / family members who cant remember to turn off mobile. I think of it like turning off lights when leaving a room. A lost art for many....

Back
Top Bottom