Do You Trust Your Password Manager?

Here's another instance in which trusting the password manager was not advised.

I signed up for mymedicare, and let LastPass create a complicated password that met all the stupid requirements (requirements make passwords LESS secure). I entered the data, but LastPass failed to save the password.

So, I had to go through the recovery process.

PS And to sign up for Easy Pay, I need to snailmail something to St. Louis!

PPS And it can take 6-8 weeks to process!

Last edited:

I signed up for mymedicare, and let LastPass create a complicated password that met all the stupid requirements (requirements make passwords LESS secure). I entered the data, but LastPass failed to save the password.

I feel your pain. I did the EXACT same thing with Lastpass and the myMedicare website today. :mad::facepalm:

I feel your pain. I did the EXACT same thing with Lastpass and the myMedicare website today. :mad::facepalm:
There is a simply solution to this that I have used for a few years. When generating a password LastPass gives you an easy method to copy the password to your clipboard by just clicking on the link.

If it fails to create the popup then I just immediately logout of the site and log back in at the *right* login link (not a *registration* one). I then paste my password (Cntrl+V) and LastPass always seems to save/popup my login with the *correct* login URL.

This has worked great for me for a very long time.

vpHWwlW.jpg

Yep, cause I don't have one. . . at least nothing commercial.

I use 1Password and have for about a decade now. I like its browser support for auto fill.

Back
Top Bottom