New iOS/TVOS

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Anyone install iOS 16 on their iPhone and/or TV-OS 16 on Apple TV and if so, what are your impressions?

It's a pretty major release, so I prefer to wait a week or so until the initial bugs can get fixed.

It's a pretty major release, so I prefer to wait a week or so until the initial bugs can get fixed.

Thats what I was thinking, but was curious if others went ahead with the install and what they thought about the new look/features.

Installed IOS 16 on my iphone 13 Pro Max a few hours ago. Only thing I noticed so far was the time display is much bigger block numbers.
Upated Apple TV software too ,no problems installing either update.

so far so good , fingers crossed

My SE 2022 updated with no problem. I can’t say the same for my beloved iTouch (it did receive an update to iOS 15.7 - so it goes for discontinued products).

Just saw this which suggests not waiting to update due to security risk:
https://9to5mac.com/2022/09/13/update-your-iphone

If you aren’t updating to iOS 16 for a while, definitely get the 15.7 update. It also came out yesterday and has the security fixes.

I updated to 16 yesterday and haven’t encountered any problems, but waiting a little while before doing so is prudent.

Thanks for these last few posts. I’m still running Big Sur on iMac and updated after reading the article.

I installed iOS 16 last night. Haven’t played around with it too much and most of the visual updates seem minor right now. I’ll spend more time today playing around with the customizations.

Haven’t had any issues so far.

I’ll upgrade AppleTV later today.

Beta of 16.1 was released yesterday so I'm going to wait for that before upgrading.

Beta of 16.1 was released yesterday so I'm going to wait for that before upgrading.

I like upgrading sooner for the new features. I’m ok if there are some minor bugs and overall, Apple has a pretty good track record for major releases.

I do wait a few days after the release though, in case there is a major issue. Those are usually found pretty quick after release.

Upgraded 2 IPhone 12 Pro’s and TvOS. No issues so far. Upgraded on Tuesday.

I upgraded both my iPhone and Apple TV, no issues encountered. Also went to 12.6 Monterrey on the iMac.

I updated my 12 a few days ago with zero issues. I was excited about the added lock screen widgets. So far its been very stable however, lock screen widgets are limited, IMO, and I'm a bit disappointed.

upgraded to 15.7 yesterday, doing 16 today

Back
Top Bottom