Poll: Do You Plan to Upgrade to Windows 10?

Do You Plan to Upgrade to Windows 10?

• Yes - I want the "Latest and Greatest"

Votes: 63 23.0%
  • Yes - But only when forced to

Votes: 64 23.4%
  • No - I'm sticking to Win 8, 8.1

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • No - I'm sticking to Win 7, XP or prior

Votes: 74 27.0%
  • I don't do Windows

Votes: 38 13.9%
  • Other

Votes: 17 6.2%

• Total voters
I am a Mac user and am seriously thinking of going to Windows the next time I buy a computer. Why? Apple does not seem interested in the Mac anymore and/or the peripherals (like modems/routers) that allowed one to bask in the glory and security of the Apple Ecosystem.

Thinking of manually installing the Redstone2/Creator's Update. But, I want to read more about it first. Waiting until Tuesday would not inconvenience me. Of course, I might die of curiosity in the meantime. :D

I looked at the features provided by the Creators Update, and didn't see anything that would be useful to me.

I don't think I'm going to have any choice in the matter though. And these days I'm mostly on Linux anyway, so it's not a huge deal.

It occurred to me that seventeen billion bazillion computers will be installing the update once it is forced upon us. So, I went ahead and installed it manually. All you have to do is click on the link in settings, under Update and Security. On my computer, it took about an hour and a half to download, process, and install.

So far, it is fine. My desktop looks the same. I don't have any problems with it.

However, I suggest going through one's settings carefully because they changed a bunch of them. For me that, plus correcting a few other unwanted changes took an additional half hour.

Last edited:
I bet the places that got hit with the recent ransomware cyber-attack wishes they had upgraded.

Just installed the latest W10 updates. Took over a hour to install and I have a pretty fast PC. So far I haven't noticed any differences. I guess I need to go and recheck all my security settings, for all the good that will do.

Get a few cups of coffee (or your favorite adult beverage) when you start the install since the PC won't be of any use to you until it's done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom