Autumn 2021 update on our situation

You’re making great progress, W2R, and we are happy your recovery is going well. Be kind to yourself and take it slow. Best wishes for a full recovery!

Thank you, Scuba and everyone!

Seems like I am still getting a little bit better every day, and this raises my spirits. Lately, my body has been telling me it's time to use my rollator walker less so I am getting a bit more exercise. But like you suggest, I have been making an effort to take this slowly since I don't want to overdo.

Plus, Frank knows me and knows I am the type of person to jump into things with too much enthusiasm and get hurt sometimes. So, he's keeping an eye on me and tells me to cool it when I start pushing myself too much.

Glad you are on the mend but regaining your strength takes time. Enjoy your donuts with Frank:)).

Reactions: W2R
We are pulling for your complete recovery. Our hats are off to Frank!

Aloha

W2R, your internet family is behind you and Frank the whole way through.

I didn't know that you'd been talking with a rollator walker. I see that the recovery curve can be very steep with this disease, but I am very happy to hear that you're making steady progress, one day/one step at a time :)

I didn't know that you'd been talking with a rollator walker. I see that the recovery curve can be very steep with this disease, but I am very happy to hear that you're making steady progress, one day/one step at a time :)
It's been only two years since I was recovering from my total knee replacement surgery. So, my closets are full of all sorts of equipment that I can use for this recovery too, including my rollator walker which I used to help me work on my gait after that knee surgery. Pretty lucky! :)

It does seem like recovery has taken forever. Frank encourages me so much, though. He reminds me of how much my condition has improved just in the past few weeks, and then I can see that I am making real progress. As you say, one day/one step at a time. :)

W2R, I'm just now getting caught up with all that has happened to you. So glad you are on the road to recovery! What an ordeal to go through!

Such a great report. Here is wishing you a continued recovery. I can't imagine how scary it must have been to wake up in a strange place and not remember the past few weeks.
It was! Sorry that I didn't answer your post or some others; for a while I was overwhelmed and missed various extremely kind posts such as yours. I didn't recall where I had mentioned the experience you refer to, but that was exactly what was happening. I took the attitude that there was nothing I could do about it except wait, rest, sleep, and heal since I was too sick to do anything else or ask any questions about what was going on and why I was there. So, Frankenstein's monster and the Wolfman could have been partying/dancing in my hospital room every night and I'd have just calmly shut my eyes and gone back to sleep. :D

I haven't posted on this thread in over a month, and in fact it isn't even Autumn any more! Some forum members have sent me private messages expressing their concern, though, since I haven't updated this thread in a while. Let me tell you - - - our forum members are absolutely gold, and care a lot about each other. If/when I feel "down" about the future of the world, I read this thread and realize people really do care about me, and about one another in general.

Anyway, I thought I'd add one more update, probably the last one or very nearly so since Autumn is over.

I'm still doing better each day and for me, life is nearly back to normal. The one "fly in that soup" is that Covid has been ramping up in this region. Even our local Wal-Mart shut down temporarily due to having too many employees with Covid. So anyway with so much Covid around here I haven't really been getting out and doing things around people other than Frank. I'd rather limit my potential exposure to the virus. We go out to lunch maybe twice a week, if that, and that's about all. Despite the lower level of activity, my strength and balance are both improving and my doctor says that barring any changes I don't need to see him until February.

I have a lot of work to do with my spreadsheets since I didn't record anything I did or spent for about four months. Trying to remember all that stuff but it's only partially there, so far. Also I have been paying my medical bills. First time *ever* that Medicare plus federal retiree BCBS didn't cover everything but prescription drugs. Lots of smaller bills, $20 for this or $40 for that, and these are for things I don't remember (like everything else when I was so very sick). You'd think I'd remember x-rays, CAT-scans, an hour long phone appointment with a cardiologist? I don't, and wonder if that hospital in Arkansas was scamming me or what. But I decided to just pay them and move on.

Frank is still wonderful and spends time over here every day and evening. Like many in our country, he is not happy with pandemic life. So, I try to cheer him up and to point out that the most constant aspect of life is unexpected changes. Which, hopefully, will be for the better in 2023.

Again, thanks, and take care.

It was! Sorry that I didn't answer your post or some others; for a while I was overwhelmed and missed various extremely kind posts such as yours. I didn't recall where I had mentioned the experience you refer to, but that was exactly what was happening. I took the attitude that there was nothing I could do about it except wait, rest, sleep, and heal since I was too sick to do anything else or ask any questions about what was going on and why I was there. So, Frankenstein's monster and the Wolfman could have been partying/dancing in my hospital room every night and I'd have just calmly shut my eyes and gone back to sleep. :D

I haven't posted on this thread in over a month, and in fact it isn't even Autumn any more! Some forum members have sent me private messages expressing their concern, though, since I haven't updated this thread in a while. Let me tell you - - - our forum members are absolutely gold, and care a lot about each other. If/when I feel "down" about the future of the world, I read this thread and realize people really do care about me, and about one another in general.

Anyway, I thought I'd add one more update, probably the last one or very nearly so since Autumn is over.

I'm still doing better each day and for me, life is nearly back to normal. The one "fly in that soup" is that Covid has been ramping up in this region. Even our local Wal-Mart shut down temporarily due to having too many employees with Covid. So anyway with so much Covid around here I haven't really been getting out and doing things around people other than Frank. I'd rather limit my potential exposure to the virus. We go out to lunch maybe twice a week, if that, and that's about all. Despite the lower level of activity, my strength and balance are both improving and my doctor says that barring any changes I don't need to see him until February.

I have a lot of work to do with my spreadsheets since I didn't record anything I did or spent for about four months. Trying to remember all that stuff but it's only partially there, so far. Also I have been paying my medical bills. First time *ever* that Medicare plus federal retiree BCBS didn't cover everything but prescription drugs. Lots of smaller bills, $20 for this or $40 for that, and these are for things I don't remember (like everything else when I was so very sick). You'd think I'd remember x-rays, CAT-scans, an hour long phone appointment with a cardiologist? I don't, and wonder if that hospital in Arkansas was scamming me or what. But I decided to just pay them and move on.

Frank is still wonderful and spends time over here every day and evening. Like many in our country, he is not happy with pandemic life. So, I try to cheer him up and to point out that the most constant aspect of life is unexpected changes. Which, hopefully, will be for the better in 2023.

Again, thanks, and take care.

W2R, so glad to hear your report. We have all been pulling for you. We look forward to any news.

One suggestion. Forget tracking 2021 spending and skip over to 2022. I'm guessing you won't be Blowing That Dough for a little while longer. :flowers:

Great Update and thank you.

I hope you have a great 2022 and one to remember and not have to skip over it also.

You are well on your way to recovery. Covid attacks every organ it can and causes a lot of damage, so it takes a while to heal. The last thing you need is to be reinfected. I would stay home with an N95 mask at hand until the Omicron wave blows over.

W2R, so glad to hear your report. We have all been pulling for you. We look forward to any news.

One suggestion. Forget tracking 2021 spending and skip over to 2022. I'm guessing you won't be Blowing That Dough for a little while longer. :flowers:
Thank you!

Good advice. I think that figuring out 2021 spending is a lost cause at this point. Even my attempts at recovering my spending records, were worse than nothing at first - - if I got a bill on the 30th, I'd put it in the wrong month, and so on. So then I'd have to search for that type of mistake and move it to the correct month. Gradually I'm remembering how I did all that sort of stuff.

Great Update and thank you.

I hope you have a great 2022 and one to remember and not have to skip over it also.
Thank you! I hope you have a great 2022 also. :D

You are well on your way to recovery. Covid attacks every organ it can and causes a lot of damage, so it takes a while to heal. The last thing you need is to be reinfected. I would stay home with an N95 mask at hand until the Omicron wave blows over.
Thank you! You are doing really well in your recovery as well. And I think that's great advice, to stay home until this wave blows over. You are right about it attacking every organ it can (even a lot of my hair fell out for a while, temporarily! which apparently is not that unusual with Covid). I intend to continue staying at home almost every day.

OK, I admit it, we *did* go out to lunch just now. But other than the occasional lunch out, I have hardly left the house at all since I got home. Luckily my house is my "Dream House" and I absolutely love just hanging around the house like this. So, the timing is right and I can stay away from that nasty Omicron while I continue recovering from Delta.

Well young lady it looks like you are well on your way to full recovery yaaay! I think we all get into a habit of saying happy -------- whatever holiday is coming around but I really want to wish you a verry HAPPY NEW YEAR, because you truly deserve a better year than 2020 was. Its a brand new day, the 1st of a brand new year and I hope it is a great one for you and Frank!!

W2R--thank you for the update. I am so glad you are continuing to improve. I bet some of the "brain fog" from covid is frustrating for you, I remember how you love the details of your financials! It is good that you can relax and let it flow as it is.
Have a wonderful new year.
Here's to a Happy, Healthy 2022!

So happy for the update. Hoping the new year is much better for both you and Frank. Hugs, Terry

Back
Top Bottom