Good News--No Bad Side effects to Covid Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll challenge your hypothesis on one well known point:
Overall, vaccine reactions in the over 65 population are less common. Overall, this population has suffered the greatest mortality from the actual virus.

I do believe my reaction may have been more severe because I am younger than 65. (I just turned 52) It would make sense to me that my immune response would be more robust than an older persons.

Those who I know who had more of a reaction have been younger. My husband is 59, he had a sore arm with a low grade fever and fatigue. We did both feel 100% normal again after around 32 hours. It was a wild ride.

Here's one side effect. I've experienced it myself.

Attachments

• Senior side effects.jpg
    Senior side effects.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 30
Day after my 2nd Pfizer shot today - pretty minor. Arm was sore for half the day. Very slight headache off and on. I wasn’t nearly as fatigued as DH was after his. Did some chores and a little exercise but otherwise took it pretty easy.

More good news on the efficacy of the vaccines:

https://www.theinsight.org/p/facts-are-pieces-of-a-puzzle-not?
The CDC study also notes an efficacy calculation: “Vaccine was 86.5% protective against symptomatic illness among residents and 87.1% protective among HCP.”

A nursing home full of old folks with weaker immune systems, clustered together for easy spread of the virus, and with many co-morbidities, still sees vaccine effectiveness of well over 80%. Now that is good news.

My family of 4 got our 2nd Moderna shots Wednesday morning.

My son has not had any side effects other than a mildly sore arm.

I had a slight headache yesterday evening and was a little tired. Today I feel fine.

My wife and daughter both had chills last night and were very tired today. They probably slept more than half the day. They also complained of body aches. After taking some tylenol this evening they both feel much better.

Glad it's over and in 2 weeks we all will be considered fully vaccinated.

13 hours post shot 2, muscle pain, fever, chills, headache. A bit shocked really. I don't generally react to shots.

I felt worse right about 36 hours after Moderna Shot 2 - fever-ish (not verified w/ thermometer) - slightly achy - a condition I would normally describe as 'feeling funky.' Took four ibuprofen before bed (max dose) and this morning I feel much better. The fog has lifted.

I felt worse right about 36 hours after Moderna Shot 2 - fever-ish (not verified w/ thermometer) - slightly achy - a condition I would normally describe as 'feeling funky.'
Pretty much my experience.

I verified my slight fever which just lasted for a few hours.

Only side effect of the first dose of Moderna was a slightly sore arm the next day. However, the day after the second dose was another story. I felt miserable all day with body aches, nausea, vomiting, chills, low energy, etc. The next day (today) I am feeling a little tired, but otherwise fine.

second pfizer Weds...tired yesterday, good today - first shot was a little worse for me

Gosh, at the most I can only report maybe the mildest of fatigue. I was really expecting to be wiped out for a day like DH.

DH had his second Pfizer. Slightly sore arm for one day.

Had my first shot yesterday at 11:40. The only symptom as of this morning is a sore arm, the same as I usually get with flu shots.

Had my second Pfizer shot yesterday at 11:20. First shot gave me lots of side effects, this time only a sore arm so far. :fingers crossed:

I don't know about anyone else, but after I got my second Pfizer shot, my eggplant seeds germinated. Also, a helicopter flew on Mars. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Wrong about what..the article doesn't say this is connected in any way to the vaccine. All this pot stirring is getting really old.

I'm older than 30, so I guess I'm out of the problematic age range, even if they find some connection...

They haven’t even established any unique signal for Pfizer yet......

And how many young people develop myocarditis from COVID? There seems to be a relationship.
At its most severe, myocarditis can cause sudden cardiac arrest and has been linked with 10%-20% of all sudden deaths in young athletes. COVID-19 myocarditis has been linked to several sudden cardiac deaths in patients who only had mild viral infection symptoms.
https://www.bvhealthsystem.org/expert-health-articles/covid-19-and-myocarditis-a-risk-for-athletes

Last edited:
I'm older than 30, so I guess I'm out of the problematic age range, even if they find some connection...

Ok guess you like pot stirring too.:cool:

Two Pfizer shots and no side effects at all. I took a couple of Tylenol right after #2, read a book and took a nap, and nothing noticeable ever happened.

^
Same for Pfizer #2. I was maybe a bit tired, went to bed a little early for 2 nights, arm no more sore than #1. DH complained a bit more about the arm, and was a bit more tired, but overall we got away with very little to complain about.

13 hours post shot 2, muscle pain, fever, chills, headache. A bit shocked really. I don't generally react to shots.

I'm also a bit shocked by my reason to the shot, because all the shingles shot gave me was a sore arm, and Moderna shot 1 wasn't even as bad as that. But shot 2 today gave me an intensely sore arm, a killer headache, chills, and nausea within a few hours. I was trying to avoid painkillers just in case they affect the shot's effectiveness, but finally took one tylenol and slept awhile. Feeling a lot better now and hoping my antibodies are building anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom