My husband just tested positive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that. I hope she doesn’t get too sick. I would expect she got the Pfizer vaccine if she was working in a hospital as that is what hospitals have been administering since they have better deep freeze facilities. The AZ vaccine is better suited to local GPs and community vaccine centres.

Don’t know about Pfizer but I recall hearing that in the AZ phase III trials that at least 2 folks caught Covid within 10 days of the vaccine as it takes a few weeks for the anti bodies to kick in.

The other day the news here said that 100,000 NHS workers are off sick or isolating. The latest figures from the ONS on their random mass testing is that 1 in 8 folks in England have, or have had, Covid.

It will be disappointing if folks start testing positive 3 weeks or more after getting the vaccine as that would indicate they are asymptomatic carriers.

My cousin is just sharing a few details on our FB messaging group. I wonder if they will retest to see if some of these workers are showing false positives. I am hoping that the vaccine will help prevent a bad case. She's around 61 and in pretty good health..

My cousin is just sharing a few details on our FB messaging group. I wonder if they will retest to see if some of these workers are showing false positives. I am hoping that the vaccine will help prevent a bad case. She's around 61 and in pretty good health..

From what I hear the lateral flow tests in use show a lot more false negatives than false positives so I don’t know if they would do a PCR test to confirm the positive or simply have her continue to self isolate, particularly if she has no symptoms. I’ll be interested to hear how she gets on.

My niece, who is a healthcare worker, just texted me last night to tell me she waited too long to decide about getting the vaccine and now has COVID.

I tried to convince her to get it, but she was afraid of the possible unknown long-term side effects of the vaccine.

So far, she is on day 5 and only has mild symptoms, and we are hoping it stays that way. She's 43, and not in a high risk group.

She's waiting for test results on her husband. No symptoms for him or her children so far.

Well just heard my cousin working in HC in the UK has a positive COVID test. She had her first Covid vaccination (I don't know which type) about 10 days ago.

She got put into isolation for 10 days, I don't know if she will get retested sooner. Wondering if it's a false positive. So far feels good just bothered by having to quarantine . From what Alan posted they are running tests on all NHS workers.

Keeping my fingers crossed that her symptoms stay mild!!

Last edited:
My niece, who is a healthcare worker, just texted me last night to tell me she waited too long to decide about getting the vaccine and now has COVID.

I tried to convince her to get it, but she was afraid of the possible unknown long-term side effects of the vaccine.

So far, she is on day 5 and only has mild symptoms, and we are hoping it stays that way. She's 43, and not in a high risk group.

She's waiting for test results on her husband. No symptoms for him or her children so far.

Hopefully mild symptoms is all she has to put up with, and she doesn't pass it onto more vulnerable family members, or patients.

Darn it! I'm sorry to hear it! I wish she had taken the vaccine. Praying for her and her family...

DH's Aunt, late 70's, passed from heart failure about 2 weeks after leaving the hospital after having been there for 6 weeks with covid. Was on a vent for part of that too. How sad to make it home, and be on the mend...but seems like the overall illness just took too much of a toll on her.

My Sister's-Husband's-Sister's-Husband, late 40s, was also hospitalized for about 3 weeks. He didn't seek treatment - or even testing! - until he'd been quite sick for 2 weeks, which we all know is a bad idea. He had a very rough time of it, was on 100% ox for a week. He's home now and hopefully will recover but was very scared by the ordeal.

Frustrating!

Well my cousin in HC did get vaccinated and ten days after tested positive for Covid..as of today she has lost her taste and smell and does feel like she has the flu. So it isn't a "mild" or asymptomatic case.

I wonder what this will do the timing of cousins 2nd dose?

DH's Aunt, late 70's, passed from heart failure about 2 weeks after leaving the hospital after having been there for 6 weeks with covid. Was on a vent for part of that too. How sad to make it home, and be on the mend...but seems like the overall illness just took too much of a toll on her.

My Sister's-Husband's-Sister's-Husband, late 40s, was also hospitalized for about 3 weeks. He didn't seek treatment - or even testing! - until he'd been quite sick for 2 weeks, which we all know is a bad idea. He had a very rough time of it, was on 100% ox for a week. He's home now and hopefully will recover but was very scared by the ordeal.
So sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom