Post Vaccination Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I made an appointment to have my teeth cleaned in June, so I am really taking a walk on the wild side.

I suppose I will gradually introduce old activities, while following CDC guidelines - with the exception of one:

If I am advised that I was in the company of someone who tested positive, I would get tested whether or not exhibiting symptoms.

A good friend of mine (who had not reached full vaccination status yet - but per the more recent data should have had significant protection) came down with Covid. Now he was symptomatic, and his son, a doctor, insisted that he go straight to the hospital and get an infusion of the monoclonal antibodies (which he did); and he has recovered. Thank God.

Last time I was very sick (March 2020 - long story) after continuing to feel ill in spite of doctors' visits and medication; I didn't listen to the recommendations to handle everything by telecare if you weren't gasping for breath, and ended up going down to the hospital. Turned out it was a very good thing that I did.

Well, I made an appointment to have my teeth cleaned in June, so I am really taking a walk on the wild side.
Dentists have a fogging system between patients and a rinse by each of us to protect the dentist / staff. Plus they're constantly tested. I still go every 3 months for a cleaning. No biggee

Dentists have a fogging system between patients and a rinse by each of us to protect the dentist / staff. Plus they're constantly tested. I still go every 3 months for a cleaning. No biggee

They are wrapped up like mummies. I figure they were among the first to get vaccinated: but I was waiting until I was vaccinated to make an appointment. It seems that so was everyone else, hence the June appointment.

I'm just hoping by the time I get my second shot and a couple of weeks after that, a lot of dentists will be vaccinated.

I even asked one by email if they were.

I switched dentists for several reasons, but one of them was it was a new dentist who bought my former dentist's business. She examined and cleaned my teeth wearing one of those blueish masks. My new dentist has this helmet like gear that keeps her air away from my air and visa-versa. We don't share much air.

Fully vaccinated and 5 weeks post second shot. We have to go to a funeral Thursday it's unavoidable. In our state churches can pretty much do as they please. It's a more modern staggered venue type seating so I'm hoping we find some distance seats. I'm going to be looking to group up with 4 of DH sibs who I know have been fully vaccinated.

I fully expect to see some people without masks, not sure how much the funeral home will press people to mask up. It's a close enough connection that in old days we would have done visitation and church but will only do the church this time around.

I keep telling myself we are vaccinated and this is why we got vaccinated. I'm going to try to not take mental lists of the thoughtless unmasked and just let it go. I'm not going to be standing around shooting the breeze with people indoors either.

:dance:

I've been invited to a family get-together 11 days after my 2nd shot. All the adults there will have had at least one shot; there may be some unvaccinated children. I don't know all the details but if the weather is good, this will probably be an outdoor thing, but if the weather is bad it would move inside. Of course masks will be off to allow for eating.

Just wondering what all of you think about going? I will be close to full immunity but not quite there. I said yes but have had second thoughts; then had second thoughts about my second thoughts, etc etc.

Yes, I would go.

Wow - they are being super cautious!

I’m not sure when we’ll start flying, but shorter trips first, and probably first/business class.

I’m OK with car trips. Maybe rent a house/cabin somewhere.

It would be nice if I could travel to Europe to visit family late in the year.

We tried to plan a trip in September to visit our friends in the UK, then DW's rheumatologist advised against against it, due to a change in medication that will put her at a particularly high risk. 'Tis a bummer, but I am down with whatever he suggests at this point. I hope he suggests she quit her job ASAP :)

I'm four days past my second shot.... is it wrong that I am scheduling a dentist visit, a doctors visit, the eye doctor and.... a massage? Guess which one I'm looking forward to the most? :LOL:

I'm four days past my second shot.... is it wrong that I am scheduling a dentist visit, a doctors visit, the eye doctor and.... a massage? Guess which one I'm looking forward to the most? :LOL:

I know what you mean. I went for my first massage of the year on the 15th April, I’m going for my 3rd of the year tomorrow. Hadn’t realized how much I missed it or how knotted up I had become. :)

All the hand-wringing by fully vaccinated people seems like recency bias to me. Before vaccination, exposure to other people had a low, but reasonable chance of serious disease or even death. Fully vaccinated people now reduced that risk perhaps 100-fold because you probably won't even get it (20-fold less likely) and if you do, chances of severe disease is much less likely (don't have numbers on this off the top of my head, but significant). Maybe I'm missing something, but until I see data that shows big numbers of people like me (fully vaccinated, generally healthy, breakthrough case, in the hospital), I'll do whatever they let me do.

I am 8 days away from a massage and facial at a hotel spa near me, that will allow me use of the spa pool and facilities for the day. So you can bet I'm scheduling a multi-hour gap between these two services.

I do plan to visit the dentist and get my long hair cut, but somehow haven’t made the calls....

Fully vaccinated and 5 weeks post second shot. We have to go to a funeral Thursday it's unavoidable. In our state churches can pretty much do as they please. It's a more modern staggered venue type seating so I'm hoping we find some distance seats. I'm going to be looking to group up with 4 of DH sibs who I know have been fully vaccinated.

I fully expect to see some people without masks, not sure how much the funeral home will press people to mask up. It's a close enough connection that in old days we would have done visitation and church but will only do the church this time around.

I keep telling myself we are vaccinated and this is why we got vaccinated. I'm going to try to not take mental lists of the thoughtless unmasked and just let it go. I'm not going to be standing around shooting the breeze with people indoors either.

I really don’t understand this type of thinking.

Life is too short and I personally can’t wait till I am fully vaccinated. I don’t live in fear now and once vaccinated will feel zero and just want to be free then. ( Except I live in crazy California)

I admit last March,April, May I was terrified. It was a terrible time to be a nurse. No mask, then mask but no N95, then yup wear an N95. Doctors and Anesthesiologist’s refusing to see patients until their Covid results came back. Just send the nurse in. ( Yeah I lost tons of respect for a whole lot of providers). We even had Doctors steal safety equipment and lock it up for their sole use. It was flat out craziness.

I ended my career a week early in November on an ER gurney as a PUI ( person under investigation for Covid) and a 10 day quarantine.

I have seen the chit experienced it first hand have had multiple friends infected with it and have had a distant relative die of it. Walked unmasked next to BFF ,also a nurse, 1 day before she tested positive. She told me her DH had a man cold oops it was Covid. He is a minimum 350 lb tub of goo with high BP and 64. I thought if anyone was going to have a bad outcome it would be him. He was sick but no hospitalization needed.

When in our entire history have we had such fear after being fully vaccinated? It just doesn’t make any sense to me. These vaccines work. On the minuscule chance a vaccinated person gets Covid no severe disease occurs.

The current (slow in coming) CDC guidelines say that the vaccinated can gather unmasked.

If your vaccinated for measles do you care if others aren’t? We have eradicated Polio due to vaccines.

Personally I am done with fear. I will cheer in celebration once these blasted mask mandates go away.

Get vaccinated get your life back, wasn’t that the whole point of being vaccinated in the first place?

I really don’t understand this type of thinking.

Life is too short and I personally can’t wait till I am fully vaccinated. I don’t live in fear now and once vaccinated will feel zero and just want to be free then. ( Except I live in crazy California)

I admit last March,April, May I was terrified. It was a terrible time to be a nurse. No mask, then mask but no N95, then yup wear an N95. Doctors and Anesthesiologist’s refusing to see patients until their Covid results came back. Just send the nurse in. ( Yeah I lost tons of respect for a whole lot of providers). We even had Doctors steal safety equipment and lock it up for their sole use. It was flat out craziness.

I ended my career a week early in November on an ER gurney as a PUI ( person under investigation for Covid) and a 10 day quarantine.

I have seen the chit experienced it first hand have had multiple friends infected with it and have had a distant relative die of it. Walked unmasked next to BFF ,also a nurse, 1 day before she tested positive. She told me her DH had a man cold oops it was Covid. He is a minimum 350 lb tub of goo with high BP and 64. I thought if anyone was going to have a bad outcome it would be him. He was sick but no hospitalization needed.

When in our entire history have we had such fear after being fully vaccinated? It just doesn’t make any sense to me. These vaccines work. On the minuscule chance a vaccinated person gets Covid no severe disease occurs.

The current (slow in coming) CDC guidelines say that the vaccinated can gather unmasked.

If your vaccinated for measles do you care if others aren’t? We have eradicated Polio due to vaccines.

Personally I am done with fear. I will cheer in celebration once these blasted mask mandates go away.

Get vaccinated get your life back, wasn’t that the whole point of being vaccinated in the first place?

Timely that this came back up and you are right! I think the main issue was simply going out and about again, as it didn't feel normal. The service I went to was very nice and I've done other regular things again. However as far as others vaccinating, my young GK cannot get vaccinated yet. their education is being negatively impacted by Covid. To actually stop Covid the more people vaccinated the better... how do you think we basically eradicated the measles?

Vaccinated people mingling with vaccinated people is the best scenario and we need that to happen. You don't say. Have you been vaccinated?

Timely that this came back up and you are right! I think the main issue was simply going out and about again, as it didn't feel normal. The service I went to was very nice and I've done other regular things again. However as far as others vaccinating, my young GK cannot get vaccinated yet. their education is being negatively impacted by Covid. To actually stop Covid the more people vaccinated the better... how do you think we basically eradicated the measles?

Vaccinated people mingling with vaccinated people is the best scenario and we need that to happen. You don't say. Have you been vaccinated?

I have had my first dose of Pfizer second dose is scheduled for 5/4. DH has decided not to receive the vaccine. He’s 53 with a mind all his own.

Although different professions we were both first responders. To each is own.

I am glad your experience was a good one.

Don’t even get me started on the school situation, I am a firm believer that teachers are essential and kids of all ages need to be in a classroom.

Currently teachers unions and weak kneed doctors hold a special place in my heart.

Been to all my doctors this spring , flew to Key West last October . We have tickets for Amsterdam in August . We might have been lucky but now vaccinated we are gonna go go go.

Vaccine passports don’t exist. They are a media term. No one is asking for them. Nonetheless, I fear they will take over where “mask wars” leave off. Hopefully we can keep ER Forum free of another mindless COVID themed argument.

VeriFLY quacks like a passport... Just had to test negative and document it before allowed back to the US. Will likely happen soon imo. I don't really care about it personally but I know many people prefer not to be forced to do it. I'm just not smart enough to know the unintended consequences.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210428-121949.jpg
    Screenshot_20210428-121949.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 64
I am 8 days away from a massage and facial at a hotel spa near me, that will allow me use of the spa pool and facilities for the day. So you can bet I'm scheduling a multi-hour gap between these two services.

OMG, I could so use some massage! I used to get one 1-hr session a month. I haven't had a massage since March of 2020...

I have an appt for Friday with a back massage therapist. DH is 2 weeks out from knee replacement surgery and his knee surgery is hurting my back --too much lifting.

Six doctors and epidemiologists talks about their summer travel plans.

All are vaccinated but only one or two of the is considering long plane trips.

Going to be ultra cautious if they do fly -- N95 masks and eye protection.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/22/cov...are-travel-options-for-vaccinated-people.html

Eye protection? Really? DW and I have been on 3 trips that involved flying since being "fully vaccinated" (3 flights were fully booked) and taking another one next month. Amazingly neither me or my wife has gotten sick. The science tells me that the odds of getting COVID are very, VERY remote so we back to living our lives.

Oh and I have been to the doctor once and the dentist twice. No massages, though. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom