Post Vaccination Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about that - at least in Maryland the state has a database of everyone who has been vaccinated. It is what they are using for the vax lotto.

Same here in NC. There is a record with the State that DH has had the 2 Moderna shots. His concern is that if he shows up to get a 3rd shot he will be denied because he has already had the first 2 shots, but I guess there is no harm in trying.

How long was the bus ride?

Was it full? Did you get to open the windows?

It was a 30 minute ride, about one third full, which was about 10 people. No open windows. Infection rate in Cornwall is currently 8/100,000.

3/4 of adults in England have had at least 1 dose and over half are fully vaccinated. The ONS survey I was involved in recently studying Covid antibodies was released today showing 80% of the adult population having Covid antibodies in their bloodstream.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-around-8-in-10-uk-adults-have-covid-antibodies-ons-says-12328442

An estimated 80.3% of adults in England now have signs of immunity from either a vaccine or having had the virus in the past, blood test results for the week beginning 17 May suggest.

This is up from seven in 10, or 69.9%, a month earlier.

In Wales, the figure is 82.7% in the same week - up from 66.8%; in Scotland it is 72.6%, which is up from 59.9%; and Northern Ireland's estimate is 79.9%, which is up from 68.8%.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...in-england-estimated-to-have-covid-antibodies

Same here in NC. There is a record with the State that DH has had the 2 Moderna shots. His concern is that if he shows up to get a 3rd shot he will be denied because he has already had the first 2 shots, but I guess there is no harm in trying.

I find it hard to believe that a pharmacy can simply query that database without the patient’s permission let alone are routinely doing so.

New York is a few days away from 70% with at least one shot. Then they are supposed to remove almost all the remaining restrictions. 7 day average positivity is 0.5% statewide.

There was a concern that as the country moved down the age range that the vaccine take-up would slow down.

Turns out those fears were unfounded. Good news indeed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57409973

More than a million coronavirus vaccine bookings were made on the NHS website yesterday - a record total
The NHS chief executive compares the demand, on the first day all 25 to 29-year-olds could book, to the rush for Glastonbury tickets

There was a concern that as the country moved down the age range that the vaccine take-up would slow down.

Turns out those fears were unfounded. Good news indeed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57409973

I expect that it’s because more people have personally seen the risks associated with catching COVID-19.

Our county vaccine uptake is pretty high and we had a bad outbreak in this area June through Jan 2021. Our county to the left had an absolutely horrendous Covid-19 outbreak last year overwhelming the hospitals and their vaccination rate is super high - best I’ve seen.

I find it hard to believe that a pharmacy can simply query that database without the patient’s permission let alone are routinely doing so.

The pharmacy is responsible for the safe distribution of the vaccine. If you present yourself for a covid vaccination I don't see the problem with them checking either the state database or your insurance. Pretty certain the consent form you sign gives them permission to do both.

The pharmacy is responsible for the safe distribution of the vaccine. If you present yourself for a covid vaccination I don't see the problem with them checking either the state database or your insurance. Pretty certain the consent form you sign gives them permission to do both.

Yeah I think if you took this out of the context of covid it makes total sense. Like...I would expect a pharmacy to do a check before giving out a flu vaccine - otherwise what if I had memory issues and went and got one every week? They are supposed to check.

But Harlee in your case, I'd go with your Doc's advice. Perhaps he can somehow prescribe one? However, if that's not (yet) the CDC's recommendation, it seems like a bad idea to try it on your own, and might not even help.

Yeah I think if you took this out of the context of covid it makes total sense. Like...I would expect a pharmacy to do a check before giving out a flu vaccine - otherwise what if I had memory issues and went and got one every week? They are supposed to check.

But Harlee in your case, I'd go with your Doc's advice. Perhaps he can somehow prescribe one? However, if that's not (yet) the CDC's recommendation, it seems like a bad idea to try it on your own, and might not even help.

Yes, DH says he is reluctant to go for the 3rd booster shot until the CDC approves. His research indicates that the CDC is looking at the issue and the booster shots for immune compromised people will probably be recommended in the Fall. In the meantime DH will continue to mask and social distance when indoors and I will continue to mask and social distance indoors to protect him. We have already decided to do this next winter during cold and flu season anyway.

This is why we need more people to get vaccinated--to protect people for whom the vaccine does not work and those who cannot get the vaccine (like infants and young children).

It was a 30 minute ride, about one third full, which was about 10 people. No open windows. Infection rate in Cornwall is currently 8/100,000.

3/4 of adults in England have had at least 1 dose and over half are fully vaccinated. The ONS survey I was involved in recently studying Covid antibodies was released today showing 80% of the adult population having Covid antibodies in their bloodstream.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-around-8-in-10-uk-adults-have-covid-antibodies-ons-says-12328442

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...in-england-estimated-to-have-covid-antibodies

I know the UK is trying to accelerate vaccinations, especially the second shot, because the vaccines aren't as effective against the Delta variant unless people have had both shots.

I know the UK is trying to accelerate vaccinations, especially the second shot, because the vaccines aren't as effective against the Delta variant unless people have had both shots.

That’s right, you need to be fully vaccinated to get to somewhere like 88% protection against the Delta variant otherwise it is only about 50% with a single dose. I listened to the Mayor of Greater Manchester (includes Bolton) being interviewed the other day where there is a surge of infections. Of the 168 hospitalizations most were unvaccinated younger folks, but a significant number were those with 1 dose and 3 fully vaccinated folks. He was asking that vaccines be diverted from other low risk areas to Greater Manchester to help slow the hospital admissions. The good thing is that hospital stays are much shorter than during the big wave of the Alpha variant due to the effectiveness of the vaccines and the fact that most of the infected are under age 50.

Cruises are not on my list of travel for a year or two, at least.

Last edited:
My old guys, breakfast restaurant lobby has finally reopened. Sometimes called the "Group of Useless Knowledge".

We have one member that is the conspiracy theorist among the group, (talk about useless knowledge) anyway, we had an exchange of emails among the vaccinated this morning and it was decided he is not invited to breakfast. I was slightly more lenient, being 15 to 29 years younger than others in the group, but it is fine by me.
No date has been set yet, this is my 3rd try to get the group back together.
It's looking better, I got positive responses this time.

You can test and test and test, but if a very large group is together for a week, someone is inevitably going to turn up positive unless almost everyone is vaccinated.

Good thing they were requiring masking and social distancing in the public areas.

That doesn’t sound like much fun on a cruise. But I’m not a cruise person anyway.

Well, this might put a damper on cruise resumptions... two passengers test positive and are disembarked... no clue about the passengers traveling with them.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/arti...utm_content=2021-06-10T02:46:04&utm_term=link

What if these are false positives? That's my nightmare scenario. You get put off the ship in a foreign country that doesn't want you and you have to prove you're not really sick and then pay your own way home. Your cruise fare is not refundable in this situation and no travel insurance will cover it. I love cruising, but I won't be getting on a ship until I know for sure they can guarantee that I'll be able to get back home. I probably also won't get on one that doesn't require vaccinations for passengers as well as crew.

We're currently in Hawaii, and running the gauntlet of test requirements to get here was stressful enough, even though I booked everything as fully refundable.

The NC Governor just announced a $16 million dollar lottery for any who has had the vaccine, to be broken up in 16 $1 million dollar chunks over the next 8 weeks. There is also tuition lotteries for teenagers. It appears that these lotteries are fashioned after the Ohio lotteries which appear to be successful in increasing vaccinations. The lotteries will include anyone who has been vaccinated in the past and anyone newly vaccinated over the next 8 weeks.

The NC Governor just announced a $16 million dollar lottery for any who has had the vaccine, to be broken up in 16 $1 million dollar chunks over the next 8 weeks. There is also tuition lotteries for teenagers. It appears that these lotteries are fashioned after the Ohio lotteries which appear to be successful in increasing vaccinations. The lotteries will include anyone who has been vaccinated in the past and anyone newly vaccinated over the next 8 weeks.

Oh come now, don't even try to top the joint for jabs campaign! :dance:

Looks like my trip to SC to get vaccinated means I can't play :(

That a good plan since it includes those of us that went early for vaccine.

But you will qualify for the SC lottery (if they have one)

I got my first jab in Alaska, my second dose in Arizona. Hopefully both come up with a huge lottery program and I get to double dip. It would be the only state lottery tickets I've ever had. :dance:

Crap - fully vaccinated cruise? Hmmmm - seems like there may have been some fraud? I can’t read the article yet.

OK a private window worked.
With sailings from the United States still paused, the voyage was seen as a way for Americans to return to a favorite vacation pastime at least relatively close to home. But despite a requirement that all passengers over 16 be vaccinated, the celebratory cruise couldn’t avoid the virus that shut the industry down 15 months ago.

Two passengers who were sharing a room on the ship tested positive for the coronavirus on Thursday, two days before the cruise was scheduled to end. The results came as part of required end-of-cruise testing, Celebrity Cruises said in a statement Thursday evening.

“The individuals are asymptomatic and currently in isolation and being monitored by our medical team,” the statement said. “We are conducting contact tracing, expediting testing for all close contacts and closely monitoring the situation.”

According to the statement, all guests on the ship were required to show that they were fully vaccinated and that they had a negative coronavirus test taken within 72 hours of the cruise leaving St. Maarten. Crew members are fully vaccinated, and the company says its protocols “exceed CDC guidelines to protect the health and safety of our guests.”
Breakthrough infections are so rare that it seems unlikely that two people traveling together would both have breakthrough infections even though they could have been exposed at the same time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom