Website is open to order your 4 free tests now

I ordered mine the day the site first opened. They arrived in today’s mail.

I ordered mine first day,, got an order number but no tracking number.
Nothing has shown up. I'll give it a few more days, then try to figure it out.

Got mine 2 days ago, pretty impressive!

I ordered mine first day,, got an order number but no tracking number.
Nothing has shown up. I'll give it a few more days, then try to figure it out.

Same here (although ordered mine the 2nd day). Seems like this shipping process is definitely not "first in, first out".

Ordered the first day of the Beta trial of the website. So far nothing. But, I didn't expect anything for at least two weeks.

WA state also offered free tests the same day as US. Amazon delivered my WA tests a few days ago. No sign of US tests.

Early on, I expressed interest in the home PCR test by Lucira (Check It). I was and am impressed that they can make a throw-away PCR test for $75 each. Anyway, I got an email from them that says private insurance companies "must cover the cost of up to 8 covid tests per month, per member". It looks like I could order $1,200 worth today. What is the likelihood I'd see one thin dime from Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC? I expect about zero. I feel like buying just one and fighting with them for 6 months. Wait a minute, no I don't.

Early on, I expressed interest in the home PCR test by Lucira (Check It). I was and am impressed that they can make a throw-away PCR test for $75 each. Anyway, I got an email from them that says private insurance companies "must cover the cost of up to 8 covid tests per month, per member". It looks like I could order $1,200 worth today. What is the likelihood I'd see one thin dime from Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC? I expect about zero. I feel like buying just one and fighting with them for 6 months. Wait a minute, no I don't.

Got an email from BCBS AZ about two weeks ago concerning at home covid testing. This is what was in the email:
Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests

Every home in the U.S. can order four free at-home COVID-19 tests from www.covidtests.gov or www.usps.com/covidtest. They are completely free, with no shipping charges, and you do not need to enter a credit card number.

Over The Counter COVID-19 Testing Reimbursements: Save Your Receipts!

As of January 15, most Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona plans will reimburse over the counter (OTC) at-home rapid COVID-19 tests. Tests must be purchased on or after January 15 and be FDA approved or have emergency use authorization (EUA) to qualify for reimbursement. View a list of FDA-approved or EUA tests.

Here’s how you can get reimbursed:
1. Fill out the COVID-19 At Home Test Kit Reimbursement Form
2. Cut out the UPC barcode label found on your test. The UPC is the barcode label they scan when you purchase the test.
3. Mail your completed form, original receipt, and the UPC barcode label(s) from the test(s) to BCBSAZ, P.O. Box 13466 – Mail Stop A115, Phoenix, AZ

I ordered mine the day the site first opened. They arrived in today’s mail.

Same. I originally got tracking they would be here on the 31st then the next day got tracking they would be here today. Glad to have them just in case.

WA state also offered free tests the same day as US. Amazon delivered my WA tests a few days ago. No sign of US tests.

Same here. The only difference is that WA closed access once they ran out of tests. Worked well if you got your order in right away.

Our insurance provider lists about 16 specific at home tests they will reimburse for. Lucira is not one of them. However, They do allow an "other" option, To fill in something not on the list that they will evaluate for reimbursement.

We are still waiting for our free test kits to be delivered.

Strange how the gov't mailed test kits, which might be damaged by freezing cold in mailboxes , but have us go to pharmacies to pick up our 3 free masks.
Should have been the reverse !

DW got the alert on her phone that the tests were delivered to our mailbox. 3 minutes later, at the mailbox, no package :(

I think the USPS mail carrier is at fault* but DW thinks somebody was driving around behind the mail truck, pulling kits out of mailboxes.

Anyway, I reported the problem on the USPS site. We'll see.

Strange how the gov't mailed test kits, which might be damaged by freezing cold in mailboxes , but have us go to pharmacies to pick up our 3 free masks.
Imagine that, part of the government's pandemic response that needs improvement :LOL:

* I wrote a letter to postmaster at my zipcode reporting them not picking up outbound mail, and over a year later, I happened to be at the mailbox, and the carrier said I wouldn't have trouble with outbound mail if I put up the flag when I had outbound mail. Oops. I was hoping the boss wouldn't rat me out, but they did, and now, I'm not on the best terms with the carrier.

Last edited:
Ordered on the first day. Not here yet and no idea when (or if) they may arrive.

We are still waiting for our free test kits to be delivered.

Our Fry's (Kroger) supermarket has a bin full of high quality 3M n95 masks free for the taking just inside the front of the store.

When I originally tried to order the Covid test kits on Jan 23 I got the message that they had already been ordered for our address.

Received our free kits yesterday, Feb1. Earlier in the morning, one of my daughters in law let me know she ordered them for us and forgot to tell us about it and they were scheduled for delivery in the afternoon. They are in Arkansas while we are in Georgia.

I'm very relieved that neither DGF or I are losing our minds.

I ordered mine on 1/18. Within minutes of ordering, I received a confirmation email, which stated the tests would "start shipping in late January."

On 1/31 I received an email with a tracking number, stating the tests should arrive on 2/3.

They arrived yesterday (2/1) two days ahead of schedule.

The whole process worked like clockwork, exactly as described.

Note: the free iHealth tests I received expire on 6/28/22. A few weeks ago I managed to find a few at-home tests at Walgreen's (QuickVue brand). They don't expire until November of 2023. So I put the iHealth tests on the top of the pile, to be used first if I need to test for any reason.

Back
Top Bottom