Free COVID tests available again....

My new tests were in the mailbox today. Original expiration date was in June, and the new extended expiration date is January, three months from now. I have older tests on hand with extended dates into next June, so I have to agree that this current mailing is from very old stock.

We have so many of the older tests that we will likely just throw away. I’m just going to buy more if/when we feel the need to test.

We got ours last week, with the extended exp date end of January. Will allow for testing throughout early fall/winter, so that is good.

We got ours last week, with the extended exp date end of January. Will allow for testing throughout early fall/winter, so that is good.
Still waiting for mine. With expiration date extended on prior kits we are fortunate to have a few of those left.

I got mine last week and then a couple days later woke up with a cough and stuffy nose. Tested negative this time but I do have a common cold. My body doesn't like the transition to colder weather. I often get sick in October. I still have nearly a dozen Covid tests. Hopefully I don't feel the need to use them.

I got mine last week and then a couple days later woke up with a cough and stuffy nose. Tested negative this time but I do have a common cold. My body doesn't like the transition to colder weather. I often get sick in October. I still have nearly a dozen Covid tests. Hopefully I don't feel the need to use them.
What's the expiration date on your new tests? I saw in another thread that someone got tests with 3/23 expiration and even with extension of date it expires 10/23. Pretty much useless. Hopefully that was just isolated instance.

My new tests were in the mailbox today. Original expiration date was in June, and the new extended expiration date is January, three months from now. I have older tests on hand with extended dates into next June, so I have to agree that this current mailing is from very old stock.

The one box of an old iHealth Covid fast test left from a 2021 purchase that doesn't have an expiration date anywhere on the box. I checked every surface and no date. I guess it will be tossed. My wife ordered some of the new(old) free tests so I will be interested in the expiration dates on those.
I have never taken a test before. We have always worn masks, distanced from others, stayed away from crowds, and used sanitizers. Maybe one day these will come in handy but I rather not have a need to try one.

Cheers!

Just got my free tests, they were tagged to expire in July, now extended until Feb 24. A whopping 4 months. Guess just good way to clear out old inventory and still get paid.

I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth. And, sometimes the Feds will extend the use by date several times.

Free is a good price.

Just read an article that you can order more free tests, starting Nov 20, 2023. Most likely the stash that is expiring early next year. But it may get you through the holiday/winter season.
I have used up 4 tests the past few weeks with this cough I've had, checking just to be sure, as I am around grandkids. So I will be placing an order soon.

I ordered some free tests a few months ago and still have a few from the previous year. I doubt they expire and will use the oldest ones first if I get sick.

Just placed my order.

Did somebody say free? :)

Just read an article that you can order more free tests, starting Nov 20, 2023.
Excellent! Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard. I just ordered ours. What a great program. There's no reason for folks to not have tests on hand when it is free and easy to get them.

Excellent! Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard. I just ordered ours. What a great program. There's no reason for folks to not have tests on hand when it is free and easy to get them.

+1 - thanks!

I still have 2 free tests left in my home. I wonder if any other organizations are offering it?

My local state legislator, whose office is nearby, has free test kits available once a week. The state obtained them from the federal supply. You might try looking into something like that.

I need to buy a test I guess mine all expired again and I have a fever. . .

Geez, got my fingers crossed it's not covid or anything serious. Hope you feel better.

Thank you I am never sick (been years since I have had a cold) so feeling kind of odd at the idea. And if I do it means I will have to cancel an important doctor appointment for Thursday I've waited months for.

Uh oh, is this my brother in law? He has an appointment on Thursday that took months to get.
Sorry, feel better.

Back
Top Bottom