Wow, it’s getting really scary in Texas - and everywhere else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that many people simply can’t believe that this virus is for real or highly contagious. They are in total denial.

This is why we are headed for trouble and the numbers keep going up. This is the type of person who would cross a closed railway crossing with a Brightline train approaching.

Whoa! Cuckoo. I guess she believes what she’s saying and is really getting off on criticizing all those devils helpers.

I don't know if this was posted but an interesting story on just how quickly the virus can spread from a single person and the consequences. A birthday party in Texas that led to 18 infected individuals.

https://apnews.com/d9a6ca7eef083315648003509d07515a

This is happening all over the country. In my part of the world a church defied gov orders and held services recently. Of 365 church members tested, 236 returned positive. This in a small rural town lacking medical resources.

https://www.opb.org/news/article/ea...nion-county-states-largest-covid-19-outbreak/

Until everyone acts responsibility we are all at risk.

This is why we are headed for trouble and the numbers keep going up. This is the type of person who would cross a closed railway crossing with a Brightline train approaching.

Yes! That's the woman DH and I watched in horror!! We initially thought it was some kind of comedy parody clip!!!

It’s just incredible to me how extremely contagious this virus is given an opportunity (gatherings - especially an indoor one).

And I feel so bad for that Carrollton family. Grandma just dropped something off, and Grandpa caught it from her. Horrible!

Whoa! Cuckoo. I guess she believes what she’s saying and is really getting off on criticizing all those devils helpers.

There several others that were almost as bad but this one checked all the boxes. It's embarrassing to live in county with people like this even if it's only for part of the year. After this video, how many companies would even consider employing her?

There several others that were almost as bad but this one checked all the boxes. It's embarrassing to live in county with people like this even if it's only for part of the year. After this video, how many companies would even consider employing her?

They are being featured on the main TV news networks over here. Great advertisement for the Florida tourist industry.

Covid-19 is no doubt the biggest single health emergency this country has faced in over one hundred years and we are blowing it for the sole reason because of people just like this lady in the video.

They are being featured on the main TV news networks over here. Great advertisement for the Florida tourist industry.

You are correct. I saw it on BBC News this afternoon. It's also hitting the news channels in Switzerland and France.

There several others that were almost as bad but this one checked all the boxes. It's embarrassing to live in county with people like this even if it's only for part of the year.

I'm guessing you never worked in a position that required you to deal directly with the public. You would be shocked at how many you encountered out there much like her. And they can vote..

It's obvious you never worked in a position that required you to deal directly with the public. You would be shocked to know how many there are out there much like her. And they can vote..

... and reproduce. :nonono:

I'm guessing you never worked in a position that required you to deal directly with the public. You would be shocked at how many you encountered out there much like her. And they can vote..

I worked by entire career for three different fortune 500 companies in the technology space. University and the corporate workplace sheltered me from this kind of nonsense. Both companies I worked for implemented the vitality curve to purge the bottom 10%. My wife dealt with the public but they were heavily sedated when she encountered them. She was a surgical O/R nurse. It was not until retirement that We realized that there are a lot of morons in this world.

You don't. You just avoid them as much as possible.

+1

Avoiding stupid-people/morons is highly recommend. The Fourth Law of Human Stupidity makes that very clear:

Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people infallibly turns out to be a costly mistake.
Why? The Fifth Law spells it out:

A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person.

Last edited:
In large numbers and your taxes pay for their food stamps and other benefits.

I don't think that's a basic qualifier for folks to think the way the lady in the video does. I have a few neighbors with similar opinions who earn good salaries and are financially comfortable.

I was at book club when this woman turned to me and said "You know it's a hoax ".

No doubt, this woman also knows the reason cruise ships have stopped sailing is because most of the water leaked out over the edge of the flat earth.
Cruise ships have to wait months for the oceans to fill up again. ;)

I worked by entire career for three different fortune 500 companies in the technology space. University and the corporate workplace sheltered me from this kind of nonsense. Both companies I worked for implemented the vitality curve to purge the bottom 10%. My wife dealt with the public but they were heavily sedated when she encountered them. She was a surgical O/R nurse. It was not until retirement that We realized that there are a lot of morons in this world.
I also worked in technology and even our sales and marketing people had engineering degrees and our customers were scientists and engineers, so it wasn’t until we retired and later moved into a 55+ community of mostly retirees that I realized I’d been around mostly very smart people for decades and that it did not match the general population! Culture shock. And these people are pretty well off financially!

I live in a small surburban town in North Texas. We have our share of vocal lunatics who honestly believe this whole thing is a hoax. Reasons are all over the map. But the theme is some kind of unconstitutional plot to start conditioning people to give up their freedom.

Meanwhile, back in reality...

Last two weeks, we've seen dramatic spikes in daily cases, hospitalizations, and the positivity rate. This afternoon, the city council voted to require all individuals to wear face masks inside local businesses. Still just a baby step IMHO. They still say schools will open in mid August, with no masks, no testing, no temperature checks.

Idiocracy wasn't intended to be a documentary. Seems like we've been living it for a while. The movie Jaws nails it.

And if Covid was not enough, a Dust Cloud from the Sahara is arriving soon to cover the southern US. Satay safe rown there.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sahara-dust-idUSKBN23W3C7
"The 3,500-mile-long (5,600 km) cloud, dubbed the “Godzilla dust cloud,” traveled 5,000 miles (8,047 km) from North Africa before reaching the region stretching from Florida west into Texas and north into North Carolina through Arkansas, the National Weather Service (NWS) said. "

And if Covid was not enough, a Dust Cloud from the Sahara is arriving soon to cover the southern US. Satay safe rown there.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sahara-dust-idUSKBN23W3C7
"The 3,500-mile-long (5,600 km) cloud, dubbed the “Godzilla dust cloud,” traveled 5,000 miles (8,047 km) from North Africa before reaching the region stretching from Florida west into Texas and north into North Carolina through Arkansas, the National Weather Service (NWS) said. "

I have been tracking that dust cloud. It can create some interesting sunrises/sunsets for time lapse photography. You can see it on this satellite image.

https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate...r&sec=full_disk&p[0]=geocolor&x=10848&y=10848

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom