College Football

harllee

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I did not think it was going to happen but today the ACC and SEC and some other conferences start college football. My team University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill plays Syracuse at noon. I am excited to watch on TV. No fans are allowed in the stands. UNC has a young quarterback, Sam Howell, who played well last year and we have high expectations for him.

Anyone else watching college football today?

I'll watch a little bit. There are a couple of ACC games I'll tune into. The SEC won't play for 2 more weeks.

I noticed on ESPN that many of the games don't have betting lines. I wonder if the lines on the games that are on the board have been all over the place? Must be hard to set these early lines...

My team is playing, but I think the B10/PAC12 did the right thing. I expect this season to fall apart.

Big 10 fan here. Very dissappointed that they are not playing.

There's actually some talk that the BIG 10 may reconsider and start up late Oct or Nov instead of the Spring. May be just rumors tho.

I didn't realize SEC was not playing yet

Yep. PLaying a 10 game all SEC schedule this year. Will be interesting to see if any of the leagues make it all the way through the season.

Big 10 fan here. Very dissappointed that they are not playing.

Ditto. Seems strange that we can have middle school, high school, pro and some college football with restrictions but not all conferences are playing.

I'm interested in watching. I hadn't really thought about why all the games televised in my area are ACC but now I realize the SEC is not playing yet and some conferences may not play at all. It's going to be an interesting season.

I will turn on the TV hoping to watch entire games. I will watch until the talking heads or the teams begin making statements that are not related to football. I don't like mixing politics with sports.

Crap schedule today, only a couple of games worth my interest and I don't anticipate them being good (main one being my Yellow Jackets most likely losing to FSU, I just hope they look better than last year).

Real football won't start until SEC kicks off in a couple of weeks. ;)

I spent a very enjoyable 3 hours watching the UNC-CH v Syracuse football game today (UNC won 31-6). UNC was very rusty in the first half but got it together in the second half. It was strange that there was no fans in the stands but the piped in crowd noise seemed pretty good. The coaches and referees were in masks but the refs were miked so you could hear what they said just fine. I really don't like the cardboard cut outs in the stands, seems silly to me.

I think it is a miracle the teams are getting to play. They are tested 3 times per week, once the day before the game and they will be tested 48 hours after the game. One positive test will shut the whole team down.

The ACC announced that the Virginia Tech/Virginia game scheduled for next Saturday has to be postponed because of a Covid outbreak at Va Tech. This will be the second game Va Tech has had postponed, I wonder if they will get to play at all.

Did the cardboard cutouts have school colors?

The cardboard cutouts were pictures of fans. For $100 or so you could send in your picture and they would put it on a cardboard cutout and put it in the stands. I did not sign up. I did see a picture of a dog wearing a UNC collar and a little girl in a UNC cheerleader outfit that was kind of cute.

Penn State fan here. I can't get any current news about Penn State's plans. All the internet news is at least 3 weeks old, and says they will be playing a full schedule, but of course they aren't. Why the heck no news, what an internet! I did hear a snippet of radio news saying that the team was practicing.

Penn State fan here. I can't get any current news about Penn State's plans. All the internet news is at least 3 weeks old, and says they will be playing a full schedule, but of course they aren't. Why the heck no news, what an internet! I did hear a snippet of radio news saying that the team was practicing.

John, since Penn State is in the Big 10 they have to do what the Big 10 says to do. The Big 10 delayed football weeks ago. I just saw today that the Big 10 will be announcing a decision about football in the next 72 hours. If the Big 10 decides to play I would think a new shortened schedule for each team will be announced. There is a lot of info about all this on the Penn State Football message board (google that and it will take you to it). I hope that the Big 10 teams get to play and that all the teams stay safe and get in a season.

Jack (Buckeye) here. Yes. Big Ten is going to meet to discuss a shortened schedule this Sunday. I hope they decide to go forward with it. I think it can be done smartly (like the NFL), and if players screw up and get infected, then they asked for it. These are top star athletes so the good ones will be smart. I can't stand to watch overrated Clemson and Fabio all season. Go Bucks!

Crap schedule today, only a couple of games worth my interest and I don't anticipate them being good (main one being my Yellow Jackets most likely losing to FSU, I just hope they look better than last year).

GTFan, hope you are watching GT and FSU all tied in the 4th quarter. Good game not a "crap" game.

The Big 10 and Pac 12 could be the smartest guys in the room by not playing if Covid gets worse with college football.

Go Jackets!

Sloppy play and many play stoppages due to on-field "injuries". What you would expect with so little "training camp" time.

Go Jackets!

Sloppy play and many play stoppages due to on-field "injuries". What you would expect with so little "training camp" time.

Also there were some weather delays due to lightening but a win is a win for Georgia Tech.

The Big 10 and Pac 12 could be the smartest guys in the room by not playing if Covid gets worse with college football.

Time will tell on this. At UNC it helps that dorms are closed to most students and classes are online and the football players are in a "bubble." But we shall see. The big controversy from yesterday's game is that the NC governor would not let the player's families attend (except for 25 parents of senior football players). NC only allows 50 people to attend outside events and the county where UNC is located has reduced that number to 25.

I'm a FCS league fan a big step down from the teams most here follow. Being from a very rural area the FCS is big for us.
I will miss the fall program for FCS teams but will play in the spring as of now.
NFL is to much commercialized and political for me, so not interested.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom