I got to travel!! Here's some pics

exnavynuke

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, after 2 vacations getting cancelled due to Covid this year, I finally got out of the country this month. I went to the Bahamas for a week-long liveaboard dive trip with Blackbeard's Cruises, and ended up staying for a second week (half-price... yay!).

Here's some pics from that trip:

Covid RT-PCR test before leaving. Again at 5-days (or for me and others staying, when we returned to land from the boat halfway through). Crew, taxi drivers, etc. all tested regularly as well as hotel staffers per the policy/law there currently, but it was worth it. $60 health travel visa needed as well. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Beautiful pictures.
Is that the fearsome Lionfish in picture #6?

Glad you got in the water.

Beautiful pictures!

Thanks :) It was a blast. So nice to be back in warm waters with lots of life :D

Beautiful pictures.
Is that the fearsome Lionfish in picture #6?

Thanks. Yep, that's a lionsfish. You can click on each picture and the name of the main creature is in the file name at the bottom of the hyperlink on the image hosting site.

Last edited:
Beautiful! Are those reef sharks dangerous to be around?

Nope. Most sharks aren't actually dangerous for scuba divers. We don't really resemble their food. IMO, the only ones I'd really worry about would be tigers and oceanic white tips, and those only if they started behaving oddly (you get to understand a curious shark vs an aggressive shark with time/practice). Most sharks actually are pretty skittish around divers and won't get very close without extenuating circumstances (such as places that do shark feeds which acclimate the sharks to divers).

Great pics and I salute salute you for getting out and travelling. I think it is a surprisingly good time to travel if you take precautions.

Very nice!!

Nice. We were the first divers/tourists in six months when we were at Dunbar rock on Honduras in September. Feels great to contribute to the near starving tourism industry! Hope you have many more trips in the next six months, like we have planned....

Really nice photos! What camera were you using?

I'm using a Canon G7X Mk II in a fantasea housing, with a Sea & Sea YS-01 strobe. For macro, I've been using an Inon +6 macro lens. Post processing with photoshop and/or lightroom.

I'm adding a second strobe soon and a +12 macro lens as well.

Nice, your photos warmed me up more than the fireplace video.

So beautiful, really happy for you. Our covid sea adventure was watching "My Octopus Teacher." Would rather experience it in person.

Great pics, thanks!

Well, after 2 vacations getting cancelled due to Covid this year, I finally got out of the country this month. I went to the Bahamas for a week-long liveaboard dive trip with Blackbeard's Cruises, and ended up staying for a second week (half-price... yay!).

Here's some pics from that trip:

Covid RT-PCR test before leaving. Again at 5-days (or for me and others staying, when we returned to land from the boat halfway through). Crew, taxi drivers, etc. all tested regularly as well as hotel staffers per the policy/law there currently, but it was worth it. $60 health travel visa needed as well. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Your photos are amazing! Just, WOW!

I never had the nerve to do SCUBA diving - barely any snorkeling! I recall the first time I came face to face with a Moray Eel, mouth agape, teeth bared hiding between a couple of rocks. I was pretty much done.

Love YOUR pictures. Mine would have browned out had I taken any.:facepalm:

I never had the nerve to do SCUBA diving - barely any snorkeling! I recall the first time I came face to face with a Moray Eel, mouth agape, teeth bared hiding between a couple of rocks. I was pretty much done.

Love YOUR pictures. Mine would have browned out had I taken any.:facepalm:

Mr. mordax isn't all that bad if you leave him alone.

But when you shove your hand into his rocky home he tends to get a bit defensive.

Yes, I learned from experience and a huge dose of stupid. The good side of things was that I got to ride in an actual Baywatch boat, bad side of that was it was a dude driving....

I took skin diving class but have never actually done any excursions. These underwater pictures are great.

Pretty jealous of your dive trip. We are scheduled for a month in Bonaire again this April but that will make two years since we last got wet. We haven't gone more than 6 months without a dive trip in the last 16 years pre Covid. Love the pix.

Back
Top Bottom