Granddaughter Made Me Laugh

Jerry1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
DW is going through old toys with DGD who is 5yo. She has grown out of a lot of the toys which is a good thing. They go in the To Go pile. But in the process, she finds this old toy watch. It was probably he mothers. It's not working, but I tell her I'll open it up and see about replacing the battery. My thought is that it's probably leaked and nasty inside the watch, but come to find out, it's not. Looks good. We look for a battery but I don't have one that size. I look on line for a V392 button battery and for a single battery, it's $8. Here's where the fun starts.

I tell her that the battery is $8 and it doesn't look like we're going to be able to fix the watch. Of course in my mind, it's just a toy watch and not worth the time or any amount of money unless I could pick up a battery for a couple bucks. But right out of her mouth comes:

"Well, if you would have kept working a little longer, you would have had enough money to be able to buy me a battery."

What can I say to that - LOL.

DW is going through old toys with DGD who is 5yo. She has grown out of a lot of the toys which is a good thing. They go in the To Go pile. But in the process, she finds this old toy watch. It was probably he mothers. It's not working, but I tell her I'll open it up and see about replacing the battery. My thought is that it's probably leaked and nasty inside the watch, but come to find out, it's not. Looks good. We look for a battery but I don't have one that size. I look on line for a V392 button battery and for a single battery, it's $8. Here's where the fun starts.

I tell her that the battery is $8 and it doesn't look like we're going to be able to fix the watch. Of course in my mind, it's just a toy watch and not worth the time or any amount of money unless I could pick up a battery for a couple bucks. But right out of her mouth comes:

"Well, if you would have kept working a little longer, you would have had enough money to be able to buy me a battery."

What can I say to that - LOL.
She's right.
Get back to work:LOL:

Bingo! Bango! You can't get anything past these kids nowadays!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Ha! At least you know she's been listening to you!

Better get busy and find that battery....:LOL:

You can get a minimum wage job for one hour.

That’s hilarious, thanks for sharing!

I laughed and shared with DW. I have an idea as to where she got the idea from.

BTW, eBay has them. 2 for $1.72 with free shipping. About a buck higher for 10 pcs with Amazon prime.

She is on her way to early retirement.

That is funny!

Time to start delivering pizza.

Cheers!

Out of the mouths of babes! ;)

If the same thing happened with a tween, they'd check their phone and say "there's one on eBay for $1.79, delivered, and even after quitting too soon, you can afford that", and she'd be right about the $1.79.

Oh, that is too precious!
She sounds like a character :)

Wait until she figures out she will spend decades working and paying for your social security. Duck!

Thanks everyone. She wasn’t here today and the house was a lot more quiet. :)

Im sure I’ll be able to swing a battery or two thank to the help from you all. Just didn’t want to get ten batteries for something that may not even work and nothing else that uses those batteries.

Our 13 year old grandson lives FT with us. His father was visiting today (long long story). 13 year old asked his dad if he'd saved enough money up for his annual winter layoff. More sad than funny. But I think we might be able to make a difference in his life.

Our future step grand daughter (4yo) her mom and our son came to spend a night with us over the weekend. My wife made a cake and she loves sweets big time. She got a big slice of cake and I told her, she would never be able to eat all of that (jokingly). She looked at me and said, watch me!!!! Lol
She doesn't speak all that well but that came out very good.

Back
Top Bottom