The Photographers' Corner - 2021 to ?

This bald eagle was nesting in a tree by my hotel in Homer, Alaska

Attachments

• DSC06849.jpg
    DSC06849.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 53
Like a local barn, but didn't like the background. Thought the barn would look better in the Tetons.

Attachments

• edited barn.jpg
    edited barn.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
Beautiful picture!! Nice work on the barn and landscape!!

Just some pictures with my phone. As I was leaving the ranch yesterday this long beard was gobbling and strutting around. A very beautiful mature Merriam.

Attachments

• IMG_7054 (2).jpg
    IMG_7054 (2).jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_7066 (2).jpg
    IMG_7066 (2).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 184
There is software that automates sky replacement.

If the sky on a photo you took is blah, you can replace it for something more dramatic from a collection of pre-shot and processed sky backgrounds, like of like changing the desktop wallpaper on your computer.

Meh, not tempted in the least to use this kind of feature. I don't mind enhancing a picture, maybe make it more dramatic than it was when I shot it. But replace elements of what I saw when I used the camera?

Just some pictures with my phone. As I was leaving the ranch yesterday this long beard was gobbling and strutting around. A very beautiful mature Merriam.

Excellent! I've been chasing turkeys for years and can't get a decent shot of one.

Going to sell my corvette, so I took some "for sale" photos today.

Attachments

• vette2.jpg
    vette2.jpg
    706.4 KB · Views: 41
  • vette4.jpg
    vette4.jpg
    680.3 KB · Views: 43
  • vette5.jpg
    vette5.jpg
    590.3 KB · Views: 44
What, no price listed? Nice looking Vette! In a previous post, you mentioned trading it in.

I still don't know what I'm going to do. At first I was going to sell it. Then I was going to trade it in on a Jeep to tide me over until my Bronco gets here maybe a year from now.

But the Jeep I was looking at has since sold and the nearest white one is in Indianapolis. Very few new Jeeps out there, and they're getting top $. I'm having second thoughts on the Jeep anyway.

After driving the corvette the last few days and seeing it cleaned it up, I think I'll keep it for a while.

I still don't know what I'm going to do. At first I was going to sell it. Then I was going to trade it in on a Jeep to tide me over until my Bronco gets here maybe a year from now.

But the Jeep I was looking at has since sold and the nearest white one is in Indianapolis. Very few new Jeeps out there, and they're getting top $. I'm having second thoughts on the Jeep anyway.

After driving the corvette the last few days and seeing it cleaned it up, I think I'll keep it for a while.

I saw a new Bronco at the local Ford dealer a week ago. That's the only one I have seen in the flesh. I didn't realize Jeeps were hard to get right now. I wonder if FCA is short of chips or just selling all the vehicles they can build for the manufacturers with the chip shortages?

I'd like to buy one more Vette before I get too old to get in and out (LOL). I really thought about hunting down another C2 like I had many years ago, but prices are off the map for a nice one. One of my friends is restoring a 1966 convertible right now but I don't want to take on that kind of a project again, even if I could find one. A nice C5 would be something I could drive for a while without too much expense. There I go, dreaming again!

I saw a new Bronco at the local Ford dealer a week ago. That's the only one I have seen in the flesh. I didn't realize Jeeps were hard to get right now. I wonder if FCA is short of chips or just selling all the vehicles they can build for the manufacturers with the chip shortages?

I'd like to buy one more Vette before I get too old to get in and out (LOL). I really thought about hunting down another C2 like I had many years ago, but prices are off the map for a nice one. One of my friends is restoring a 1966 convertible right now but I don't want to take on that kind of a project again, even if I could find one. A nice C5 would be something I could drive for a while without too much expense. There I go, dreaming again!

Yep Jeeps are hard to come by right now. Has to be related to the chip shortage somehow. Local chevy and ford dealers have 5-10 cars/ trucks on their lots. They spread them out to make it look less bad.

You only live once. Get the vette! C2 would be really nice.

Yep Jeeps are hard to come by right now. Has to be related to the chip shortage somehow. Local chevy and ford dealers have 5-10 cars/ trucks on their lots. They spread them out to make it look less bad.

You only live once. Get the vette! C2 would be really nice.

Yeah, I probably should start looking for a clean, well taken care of one. My old Mustang convertible is getting tired and probably should be retired before it needs expensive repairs.

Meh, not tempted in the least to use this kind of feature. I don't mind enhancing a picture, maybe make it more dramatic than it was when I shot it. But replace elements of what I saw when I used the camera?

IMO, that is not photography, that is pixelography. A photo should show what was seen at the scene when the shutter was tripped.

Factory made images are not photographs.

Went for a hike at Starved Rock State Park. Cool, rainy - the canyons were dripping.

Attachments

• french canyon 2 05272021.jpg
    french canyon 2 05272021.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
I have been watching a pair of golden eagle since about January. From mating ritual to rebuilding nest, from eggs in nest and the adults sitting. Finally about a week ago they hatched and been very fortunate where they have nested, to get some great above shots. In the picture there is a couple of prairie dogs and one rabbit on edge of nest. I'm about a football field away, with spotting scpe and phone camera.

Attachments

• IMG_7152.jpg
    IMG_7152.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_7171.jpg
    IMG_7171.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_7172.jpg
    IMG_7172.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_7178.jpg
    IMG_7178.jpg