Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   Life after FIRE (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/)
-   -   Blow That Dough! -2021 (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/blow-that-dough-2021-a-107327.html)

audreyh1 01-09-2021 11:53 AM

Blow That Dough! -2021
 
Time for a new thread.....




The 2020 thread is here:
https://www.early-retirement.org/for...-a-101452.html

MichaelB 01-09-2021 11:58 AM

Thanks for starting the new thread.

euro 01-09-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelB (Post 2541094)
Thanks for starting the new thread.

Yes, thanks, but can you link to the old thread in the first post, so we don't completely lose track of it?

Koogie 01-09-2021 12:04 PM

Welp, that's kind of annoying "closing" the other one though. I wanted to quote something someone had posted and now the software doesn't let you. Oh well.

braumeister 01-09-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koogie (Post 2541100)
Welp, that's kind of annoying "closing" the other one though. I wanted to quote something someone had posted and now the software doesn't let you. Oh well.

Why not quote it from there and post it here?

Music Lover 01-09-2021 12:29 PM

Since the other thread closed I'll repost here.

We bought a cabin :coolsmiley:

MarieIG 01-09-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Music Lover (Post 2541115)
Since the other thread closed I'll repost here.

We bought a cabin :coolsmiley:

That's wonderful! Congratulations. Are you able to share some details about the cabin?

RobbieB 01-09-2021 12:51 PM

Cabin sounds cool, and expensive too! Good going - :)

Yeah where is it and can you fish close by?

Mr. Tightwad 01-09-2021 12:51 PM

Paid $270 for 300 worth in gift cards for Sprouts market.

Music Lover 01-09-2021 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarieIG (Post 2541121)
That's wonderful! Congratulations. Are you able to share some details about the cabin?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieB (Post 2541131)
Cabin sounds cool, and expensive too! Good going - :)

Yeah where is it and can you fish close by?

It's 50 minutes from home on a large lake, not lakefront but lakeview about 300 yards from the beach. It's only 760 sq ft but laid out very well. We got a good deal as it's been vacant for a few years (elderly owner) but it's in great shape. As a bonus, one of my friends and bandmates has the place next door and knows some of the history and even the person that built it.

I don't fish :)

MarieIG 01-09-2021 02:17 PM

Fishing or not, being that close to the lake sounds wonderful!

Music Lover 01-09-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarieIG (Post 2541181)
Fishing or not, being that close to the lake sounds wonderful!

We're happy. We've been looking for a year or so and this one suits our needs.

kitesurfer2 01-10-2021 06:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
well, i bought it in 2020 and the thread locked yesterday. It's and Emerald Guitar made in Ireland. I can only compare it to my high end taylors. The 4 Taylors are in the closet forever, the X20 is that good. unfortunately, Taylor has flooded the market with a buy one get one so my closet will stay full for a few years. This x20 cost me $2300 delivered in 7 days. It takes 4 months to have one custom made, which i do plan on doing.

donheff 01-10-2021 07:25 AM

We are remodeling the bathroom and signing up for a 2022 Grand Canyon Raft Trip (the full Monte).

Christine 01-10-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitesurfer2 (Post 2541417)
well, i bought it in 2020 and the thread locked yesterday. It's and Emerald Guitar made in Ireland. I can only compare it to my high end taylors. The 4 Taylors are in the closet forever, the X20 is that good. unfortunately, Taylor has flooded the market with a buy one get one so my closet will stay full for a few years. This x20 cost me $2300 delivered in 7 days. It takes 4 months to have one custom made, which i do plan on doing.


Beautiful, Kitesurfer - now I do have to google the brand.

Music Lover 01-10-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitesurfer2 (Post 2541417)
well, i bought it in 2020 and the thread locked yesterday. It's and Emerald Guitar made in Ireland. I can only compare it to my high end taylors. The 4 Taylors are in the closet forever, the X20 is that good. unfortunately, Taylor has flooded the market with a buy one get one so my closet will stay full for a few years. This x20 cost me $2300 delivered in 7 days. It takes 4 months to have one custom made, which i do plan on doing.

Beautiful guitar and a reasonable price too.

Taylor has a buy one get one deal?

Ronstar 01-10-2021 08:47 AM

Blow That Dough! -2021
 
1 Attachment(s)
Splurged on a new 150-600mm telephoto lens

Koolau 01-10-2021 04:46 PM

I'm already trying to psych myself into springing for 1st class airfare when we are next able to return to the mainland for a sabbatical from Paradise. We missed last summer, so figure maybe we can blow that dough this year. It will be difficult - even though we can afford it. I guess we'll see - watch these pages as YMMV.

Dash man 01-11-2021 09:12 AM

Blow That Dough! -2021
 
2 Attachment(s)
Ordered a new car:

Attachment 37325Attachment 37326

A 2021 BMW 540i xDrive.

audreyh1 01-11-2021 09:47 AM

Wow! You might be blowing more on it in the future as well!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.