Missing the Top Status Bar on Android Phone

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
How do I get the top status bar back on my Android phone? :facepalm:

Yes, I've tried restarting and powering phone off and back on.

I noticed that about a day ago the top status bar is now missing. The bar shows things like if Wifi on, LTE (if using data), battery life remaining.

I can still a status if I swipe down but the status showing all the time so I could just glance at the phone and see if the phone has a wifi connection and check battery status at a glance.

Attachments

• android missing top menu.JPG
    android missing top menu.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 11
The status bar being hidden may be in Settings>Display, or in the launcher settings.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm getting closer.

I looked at Settings>Display. Don't see anything related to the status bar.

Poked around about launchers. I have whatever came with the phone. I think Google Now. That's the only one.

I now tried another launcher that brings the status bar.

So I guess either see if the Google Now launcher can be reinstalled or something or find another launcher.

Last edited:
Here is some more for you to filter through. I hope you can find your answer.

- Restart the device:
Old but gold :v you should do it first before coming to the next way.
- Check the "Do not disturb" status:
Most Android phones come with a Do Not Disturb mode. This mode allows your Android device to block all notifications, spam emails, etc. except applications or software that you allow. So please check the Do not disturb mode to turn it off.
Settings > Sound & vibration > Sound. Turn of the DND – Do Not Disturb if it's turned on.
With S9 or some modern Android devices, you can search DND on the search bar on the top in Settings
- Check App notifications:
Settings > Notifications & status bar > App notifications.Here you select the application to check the notification in the section Show notifications
- Check out the manufacturer's exclusive battery savers:
Some manufacturers have added more battery-saving tools, automatically blocking applications that are deemed unimportant. So you need to check if your Android device comes with any other internal optimization features. You can check it in the Security section os the Battery section.
- Check whether the background data is enabled:
You can restrict applications to access mobile data in the background. This makes the application unable to connect to the internet, thereby potentially not showing notifications on your phone.
Settings > Data usage > Choose an app > Check Background data.
=====
Good luck!

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 9
Hm. If it's that the icons are there, but they're black on black, I would check system font colors or a "dark/night mode", which can change the system colors.

Okay. Did some digging around in that thread on my prior post.

Someone suggested a fix and that worked :dance:.

But these silly settings makes me miss a flip phone :(.

Here's a screen shot of the solution that worked for me ....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom