RIP-Nanci Griffith

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Sad news. Nanci Girffith passed away. No cause of death mentioned.

Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Nanci Griffith died Friday morning in Nashville, a rep for her management company has confirmed to Variety. No caused of death was announced; she was 68.
“It was Nanci’s wish that no further formal statement or press release happen for a week following her passing,” Gold Mountain Entertainment said in a statement. Griffith survived cancer twice in the 1990s.
While a powerful singer in her own right, Griffith was arguably better known for her songs like “Love at the Five and Dime” (which was a country hit for Kathy Mattea) and “Outbound Plane” (ditto Suzy Bogguss) and as a collaborator: She recorded duets with Emmylou Harris John Prine, Willie Nelson, the Chieftans, Darius Rucker, and many others over the course of her four-decade career. Her Grammy was for an album consisting of classic country covers, “Other Voices, Other Rooms.”

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/nanci-griffith-dead-dies-1235041416/

Wow didn't expect that, she was only 68. RIP.:(
One if the best concerts we ever went to was in a small theater in Vermont. She and her band sounded fantastic.

"it's a hard life, it's a hard life,
it's a very hard life, it's a hard life wherever you go.
And if we poison our children with hatred
a hard life is all that they'll know."

This news makes me sad. Nanci Griffith was quite the songwriter. :(

Sorry to hear this. I can well understand why she was one of the people everybody in Nashville wanted to work with. I’ll share this little work of art.

Last edited:
Nancy was a very well respected songwriter in Nashville and could often be seen at the Bluebird with her songwriter friends "in the round." She'll be missed.

Back
Top Bottom