Prime Day 2022

Pellice

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Prime Day 2022 is coming up, July 12-13. I have a couple specific items I am interested in. Is it possible to set up alerts for one item, or possibly a class of items? Is that only possible on the mobile app? The instructions for setting up deal alerts are all very vague.

I use camelcamelcamel. You can add it as a browser plug in so you can see price history of an item while viewing it on Amazon, or I think you can just use their website.

During Prime Day I'll also look at my watch list.

I use camelcamelcamel too, but I don't think it sees all deals - for example, the item I've been watching has a couple of times had "coupons" attached to it, which did not show up on CCC. I'm hoping it comes up for sale on Prime Day.

Also - is a "watch list" the same as a "wish list"? Amazon has so many different classes of deals that it's hard to figure them out. I've had items on a wish list, but does that mean that I will get notified of a drop in price? For that matter, am I notified if a "watch list" item drops in price, or is that only done by CCC and the like?

I meant wish list, not watch list, sorry. I don't think there's a way to get notified if a wish list item drops in price.

Interesting. I just checked my item on Amazon, which was on my wish list, and today I was offered a coupon for a 20% discount. I finally bit and ordered it even though Prime Day is coming (wasn't sure it would be on sale). But - this coupon did NOT trigger a CCC alert, and when I clicked from the CCC site to the item and - no coupon. I loaded the item again separately in Amazon - and again - no coupon.

So, is Amazon flashing occasional extra incentives, just to me, for checking nearly daily? Are the coupons a way of evading CCC and similar low price alerts? I tried using incognito mode - and the coupon appeared. I again tried typing the search terms directly into Amazon - and, coupon gone.

Back
Top Bottom