PSA: Time Running Out to Order Free Covid-19 Tests

We just got a new shipment of 4 tests in yesterday after giving most of the ones we had to a friend that recently came down with covid, again.

Received the Roche distributed tests on Aug 27 with a printed expiration date of Sep 23. Per the Roche website the expiration date has been extended to Dec 23.

I had hoped the older stock would be distributed by now but apparently there is an abundant supply.

I tried to order but it said I was maxxed out. We have plenty, but I had hoped to get some with more distant expiration dates.

Just received my last order yesterday. The tests expired August 8th. I know they can last a while longer. But kinda a bummer although they were ‘free’ I guess.

If on Medicare can we still get them free at pharmacy?

Thanks. I ordered some. Most of my first order have expired.

Thanks for the reminder. We had already maxed out, but neither one of our kids had. So I urged them to order, and they did. They will share :)

We test frequently, out of an abundance of caution. I have allergies, so never know if symptoms are that or cold or covid!

Many have updated expiration dates, so be sure to check the websites for extensions!

Thanks. I believe we're eligible as we've only gotten 2 orders and we're allowed 3. Just ordered. I'll see what happens.

I was maxed out when I tried to order 2 weeks ago... But fortunately my insurer (Kaiser) let me order free tests.

As a household with several members including a college age son that is social (vs homebody)... and a couple visits a week to visit my step mom in hospice - we test if we have the slightest sniffles - always prior to visiting step mom. Plus I used several testing negative, before I tested positive when I had covid - then 2 more tests to confirm I was no longer infectious... You can burn a lot of tests that way.

Thanks, REWahoo.

I ordered some on the 27th (the day you posted) and they arrived today! Speedy service.

omni

I believe my state, (WA), is still giving them out for free. I'll try tomorrow as it is a new month.

COVID.gov/tests
I just ordered online, eight test per order, four test per package.
Then a pop up, ask me to order another batch as I had only ordered once before.
It appears the post office will deliver four separate packages.

I believe my state, (WA), is still giving them out for free. I'll try tomorrow as it is a new month.
I got my "fresh" tests from WA state. One is marked expired June / 2022, the other July / 2022. Yes, I know the actual expiration has been extended, but I found it humorous. They must have a ton of these things to get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom