Cruise Question Amber Cove DR

iloveyoga

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi, we have a day at Amber Cove, DR in February for our girls cruise. We range in age from 53 to 82 (my DM). Various fitness levels. Any suggestions for activities or things you have done there that you would recommend. Or things you don't recommend? We may not all end up doing the same thing, but I wanted to gather info for my group. I am looking at the excursions that Carnival provides but nothing is really reaching out and grabbing me yet.

Thank you!

PS, some of my best travel ideas have come from this group, thank you.

Hi all, I will answer my own question. We were in Amber Cove, DR a week ago today on a Carnival cruise. It was a newer, standard cruise port. I had heard of the city/beach Puerto Plata, so we found the taxi stand and took a taxi for $80 round trip. Three ladies went. The driver gave us a brief tour of the city and then took us to a beach restaurant for a nice local lunch and walk on a beautiful beach. The water seemed as warm as the air which was about 80 degrees. The driver stayed in the restaurant with us and the way back he stopped and got my sister a fresh coconut. We very much enjoyed our Dominican Republic adventure.

In case you are not aware of it, there is a wonderful forum (similar to this one) specifically dedicated to cruising. People on that forum would have jumped on answering your original question before you cruised and there probably were many posts about Amber Cove there to read already. Check out cruisecritic.com

Glad you had a good visit to the DR and hopefully your entire cruise was wonderful. I was on a Pacific Mexican Riviera cruise a couple weeks ago and am busy planning my May Italy/Greece/Adriatic cruise right now.

Thank you for that website, I will make a note. We really did have a wonderful time. The weather was perfect for us so that helped. And I did miss a snowstorm back here in Iowa.

Thank you for that website, I will make a note. We really did have a wonderful time. The weather was perfect for us so that helped. And I did miss a snowstorm back here in Iowa.

No problem! I should have given you the direct link to the forum.
https://boards.cruisecritic.com

The rest of the website offers a lot of other stuff about cruises, but I find the forums (or boards, as it is called there) the best part of the site. It may not be that easy to find from the main cruisecritic.com website home page.

Back
Top Bottom