Help with the forum...

dory36

Early-Retirement.org Founder, Developer of FIRECal
We have existed in the recent past as sort of an "extended family picnic" where some people are very fond of each other, others are neutral, and some are at odds, but even those who disagree completely will still limit themselves to the sorts of discussions found in such a gathering, out of respect for the relationship they have.

Now, we are approaching the "nightclub crowd", where few have any relationship with the crowd at large, and many are not concerned with preserving any ongoing relationship. As a result, some don't much care how their comments are received.

In a family picnic, people behave themselves, and when anyone starts to get out of line, words from others are sufficient.

In a night club, they need bouncers.

Now that we are at the point now where a quiet word to a misbehaving cousin isn't enough, I have asked a few of our regulars to help out where necessary. These are the "moderators" you'll start seeing listed on the boards.

They will help keep out the spam, delete the obscenities, and (I hope) maintain some sense of civility.

Thanks in advance for their help!

Great idea Dory36. It is a shame that we have reached the nightclub status, but hopefully it will get back to the family picnic. I thank you very much for this site. I have and continue to learn much from this site. It is wonderful to hear the experiences of those that have gone ahead of us and even those who are younger who started on their road to retirement much earlier than I got started. Hopefully, having moderators, might have some of the people who have left the site come back. I really miss some of them. It is funny because these are people that you have never met, but I feel that they are friends and you miss your friends when you don't hear from them. Thanks in advance to the people that are going to be the moderators. I know that Dory36 would pick good ones!

Dreamer

For the sake of brevity, I agree 100% with Dreamer. Well said Dreamer.

LL

TromboneAl - please check your private messages...

Diversity of ideas is a great thing. I have a learned a lot from this site and agree with the posts above.

maddythebeagle said:
I wished that this IDEVISION guy's posts would get deleted. None of them make any sense:confused: and people keep responding to him as if he was rational and they are getting moved up the list,  ::) I dont know why he bothers to come back, nobody here wants to talk about "residual income". He started by spamming garbage and now just lingering on nonsense, bring in the bouncers  :bat: :bat: :bat:

Just in case the higher ups can't help you, I can.

Don't read anything with his name on it. 100% effective.

ha

:LOL: Abstinence is 100% effective too, but they still hand out birth control in our high schools.

Dory, I noticed there is no moderator for young dreamers, no need yet or just waiting for a response from candidates?

maddythebeagle said:
:LOL: Abstinence is 100% effective too, but they still hand out birth control in our high schools.

Wow! You do enjoy these boards!

Ha

chrave1956 said:
Question regarding the technical calculations;

When I imput a 60% investment in Equities and a 40% investment in 5 Year Treasuries..does the program assume an annual Rebalancing to the 60/40 target?

If not what is the program programmed to assume?

dave

I split this post and moved it here in FIRE and Money where it should get more attention and better responses.

Welcome to the board, dave!

Back
Top Bottom