Votes: 25 21.0%
  • Still smoke it on occasion

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Still smoke it a lot.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • BUT I NEVER INHALED. . .

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
I smoked pot from about 18 to 25 years old. Would be smoking it right now if it were legal.

Ate a lot of strange food combinations, had a lot of profound thoughts and mostly just got laid.

OldAgePensioner said:
I smoked pot from about 18 to 25 years old. Would be smoking it right now if it were legal.

Ate a lot of strange food combinations, had a lot of profound thoughts and mostly just got laid.

Similar pattern for me.
I definitely would be INHALING IT occasionally as I drink occasonally, if this world was a lot saner about it. I never thought that it was harmful, and certainly no more so than legal booze.

MJ

I had to debate between "used to use on occasion" and "use to use frequently" it all depends on what you mean by frequently. College = party = drink & smoke bud. I never had a supplier or regular access, but it wasn't like I was trying to cut down. I chose occasional. Haven't smoked in, oh, six years? Seven? Employers tend to frown on that and I thought it was time to grow up anyway...

I was burnt to a crisp two semesters and a summer. I was trying to support the local growers.

Voted No to all use.  Working in the drug industry.....no, the legal one....random drug testing is fairly common and one positive test is grounds for immediate termination.  

Current employer is not doing random tests but being in the wrong place at the wrong time could get you arrested and that would end the job pretty fast.  Not worth it.  Besides, my brain is stress-fired anyway and all I need is something else to make me forget where I put my car keys.  :-\

Wow. 17% of the ER forum is completely drug free. The other 83% of the forum members are/were drug (ab)users. Make sure the general public and your kids never find out this statistic! In spite of drug use, most of the forum members have been very successful in life by most measures.

wildcat said:
I was burnt to a crisp two semesters and a summer.  I was trying to support the local growers.

My man. Once we ER, we're gonna have to get together and roll a fatty! :)

I already told my 17 year old son that mom and dad were stupid when they were young. "We did it so that you don't have to." Not that I think he would buy that argument. In fact, I think if he were going to try reefer, he is already doing it. And I don't see any sign of it (believe me, I know what to look for.)

I haven't used marinjuana in decades. I really disliked it for some reason--it made me super paranoid, for one thing. And stupid. That said, I would love it if it were legalized. I would rather take a couple bong hits for migraine pain than any legal drug.

I was a child of the wild and wooly seventies, so I've done my fair share of pot. Hey, anyone remember the awesome Thai stick from the seventies? Kona, Colombian gold...I'm getting contact high just thinking about it. 8)

BTW - Anyone remember the pot magazine, High Times? (lol)

cube_rat,
I remember Thai sticks oh so well.  One night I was driving my van at 40 mph in a 35 zone and pass a cop.  I asked my buddy, "Was I speeding?", he said no but take it out of 1st gear.  No joke, I was so stoned I'd forgotten to shift the gears.

When I got a job requiring CIA clearances, I added 4 pages of drug info to my application  :D

Oooh the late 60's early 70's were full of pot and hash, if I tried to smoke it now I'd probably choke to death. Made me paranoid too! Never went further than that although I had friends that moved up the drug chain.

Martha...I had already planned the poll but you beat me to the punch.

So i'm 25, had a couple of drinks with the insurance adjuster I met earlier that day and she suggests we go back to my place. I'm setting the land speed record on the mass turnpike when a state trooper zips in behind me and flips on the lights.

Dang, I think...I'm not too tipsy but better have some gum. Pull some out of the center console. Which as it turns out constitutes a "furitive movement" in the troopers eyes, which gives him the right to search the area of the movement.

Then he pulls out a little black camera film case. I'm thinking "no biggie, that one has my vitamins in it". Then another "Oh yeah, that one has aspirin in it". And then a third. Uh oh. Whats in that one? He comes back to where i'm standing, opens it, and there are the two roaches from the beach trip I took with my buddy wally the year before, and tossed in the empty film case because I didnt want to leave them in the ash tray. :(

So he hauls me off to the station. Sits me in an interrogation room. I'm totally playing the "I've never been in trouble before, what do I do officer?" routine to the hilt. He actually leaves me in the room, one hand handcuffed to a ring on the wall...and the film case (aka "the evidence") about 3" within my reach. So after 1.2ms of thought, I grabbed it, popped off the top, tipped it up and started gulping. Gave it a nice thorough lick. Put the top back on and put it back on the table.

"What did you do with what was in the film case?"

"What film case?"

Would be nice if that was the end of the story. I had called the very same wally to come down and bail me out. The girl I was with shows up out of the blue at the same time. Turns out they know each other. Real well. And very much hate each others guts. Big screaming match. Wally ends up in the next cell over from me because he failed to cease yelling when ordered to. Girl leaves.

About 20 minutes later the pot I swallowed kicks in. Poor wally had to sit there bored while I took a nap until a third friend shows up to bail us out.

All of which turns out to be a good thing. Possession of any amount in MA at the time was a felony (probably still is), and I was holding a top secret and nuclear Q clearance at the time and doing contract work with the air force. I'm guessing a conviction on that wouldnt have put me in jail, but it would have ended my job pretty quick.

I knew you were cool, cuberat!  ;)

O.K., so 82% of respondents have at least tried it, what does that tell you?

Who still smokes it all the time?  I want to know so I can read your posts again and search for deeper meaning....

EDIT: CFB, while you were holding clearance? You so crazy, where is the squirrel with big nuts picture when you need it?

Yeah, I was a little bit stupid back then.

You mean THIS

Attachments

• squirrel_beer.jpg
    squirrel_beer.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 167
  • squirrel_beer.jpg_thumb
    42 KB · Views: 0
If I did pot now, it would have to be some method other than smoking. Maybe a one-hit bong but I can't see myself smoking a joint.

Anyone got a suggestion?
1. Brownies
2. THC
3. Suppository :eek:

OldAgePensioner said:
Ate a lot of strange food combinations..

LOL! My friends and I used to make peanut butter and jelly tacos. Wow, they tasted sooooo good.

Okay, anyone remember this catchy tune from Cheech and Chong?:

No stems or seeds that you need
Alcapulco gold is (insert inhale sound here).. bad ass weed

Cube anything tastes good after a few hits.

OAP I suggest the brownies.

justin said:
17% of the ER forum is completely drug free.
Not by choice.  Like Alice Cooper my drug of choice was beer, but I'm still curious after all these years.

Back in 1981, with no idea that I was observing history, I watched the USS NIMITZ return to port after an EA-6B had hit the ramp on approach.  The pilot had been on decongestants or antihistamines and that presumably messed up his coordination.  Unfortunately the ensuing fire also killed 19 members of the deck crew, 11 of whom had marijuana in their tissue at the autopsy.  I can't remember an aviation accident as bad as that one in the last 25 years, although none of the survivors could testify how marijuana use affected the firefighting response.

The "drug rules" of that time required actual possession.  Any khaki-clad leader showing up on the fantail of any Navy vessel would witness a veritable smoke-filled hailstorm of objects flying astern as the crew looked busy somewhere else.

The CNO, ADM Hayward, issued his famous "Not in my Navy" message.  Possession was replaced by "reasonable cause".  Soon we young ensigns were being trained how to recognize LSD flashbacks, pupil dilation/constriction, the scent of burning marijuana, and a host of other valuable leadership skills.  "Second-hand smoke" was a hot topic for several years.  After about 10 years the Navy's urinalysis program finally started getting it right, and it was very hard to stay in if you popped on urinalysis.  

However we still had to coexist with the youth-oriented drug culture.  When I was screening scarce highly-trained sailors into the nuclear-weapons Personnel Reliability Program, we had to waive pre-service drug use.  "Experimentation" was controversial because the best & the brightest didn't try MJ just once-- usually four or five times was considered adequate data acquisition.  No matter how long those guys had been in the service, the nuclear inspectors still raised eyebrows at their records.

I "lost" several sailors due to urinalysis failure.  That verb's in quotes because it usually turned out that the troops had a pretty good idea what was going on, and they were usually happier to be in port&stbd watch rotation rather than sharing three-section with someone always high or recovering.  After another decade (and after sitting several dozen discharge boards), marijuana faded as the drug of choice.

Back then, with the help of Cheech & Chong, we were barely beginning to recognize how marijuana sucked the initiative, drive, alertness, & reflexes out of your average servicemember.  Today it's coke, ecstasy, & crystal meth-- and it seems much more likely to just kill them...

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
... and I was holding a top secret and nuclear Q clearance at the time and doing contract work with the air force.
Ah, so you're the @#$% that we have to thank for all those $#^%-up nuclear weapons handling rules!

A few random comments on this thread...

- Martha, I think you've found another hot button topic. Congratulations. :-\
- Anyone going to take advantage of the Google drug treatment ads? :cool:
- What a bunch of pot heads! :police:

Back
Top Bottom