Phoenix Chapter of Early Retirement Forum

sgeeeee

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Laurence:
I've truly enjoyed meeting the two people I have so far from this board. I think we need to start regional chapters to get together for coffee. Hey Califdreamer, I think you are just a few minutes away from me!

I know you're out there Valley of the Sun Early Retirees. Post here now if you would be interested and I will use the board's PM system to try to organize the first chapter meeting of the Phoenix Chapter of the Early Retirement Forum. :)

I am in Phoenix and might consider it as long as no MLM sales people show up.

I thought "phoenix chapter" meant failed retirements going back on track, rising from the ashes, so to speak.

Anyway, have fun meeting, Phoenix Chapter!

There is still time to get in on the first Valley of The Sun Chapter of the Early Retirement Forum. At least 4 of us will be meeting this Saturday at 10:00 AM in Mesa. PM me if you are interested and I'll send you the specifics. :D :D :D

Thank you for organizing this. We had a great time. Glad that we could meet you and crazy connie.

bssc said:
Thank you for organizing this. We had a great time. Glad that we could meet you and crazy connie.

DITTO!!! Dunkin Donuts were good & the company excellent! It was great to sit and socialize with like minded folks.

We had fun. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Thanks to bssc for the donuts.

In the true spirit of retirement, nothing of significance was accomplished and I really couldn't tell you what we did all morning. We did establish that niether crazie connie nor sgeeeee has any plans to run for political office in the forseable future despite the attractive benefits of Senators and Congressmen. Although specific reasons for their decision to withdraw before even entering the race were not discussed, there was some indication that shady pasts might be involved. :) :D :D

Retirement discussions in virtual space are nice, but it was a pleasure to see some of the board characters in person. :)

Real donuts beat virtual donuts 98% of the time. The other 2% have coconut on it.

All donuts are ok... But those shared with a new friend are excellent! Two donuts and 3 new friends... EXCELLENT

Only thing that could have made this mornings visit better would have been if Mrs Sgeeeeeeeee had been able to participate.

I am looking forward to more Phoenix Chapter FIRE meetings! ;)

And I hope that it works out, that I might be able to participate in one as well, if the stars align correctly. Do they have bagles at the the donut place as well. Trying to keep sugar intake lower as it gets me too wound up and I say and do things that I regret later.

If they do not have bagels we can meet somewhere else! It is not the food rather the company that counts. ;)

Bagels work for us too. There must be a bagel place somewhere central, as long as we don't have to pay for parking.

I better start now to find that bagel place. The donut shop was plan E after plans A thorugh D didn't work. I was getting worried that the gods of early retirement or the alignment of the stars were against us.

We have until April when Whitestick comes to the valley to identify that bagel place. If we can't find one, we may have to start our own. crazy connie and mrs. bssc both posess superior knowledge about restaurants and cooking. mr. bssc has the kind of diplomatic background that would make him an ideal server. And I could take out the garbage and wash the dishes. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This sounds great! I am seeing a new future for me- after I meet all the excellent people in my neighborhood, I can make a circuit attending chapter meetings around the west. If they will invite me that is. :)

Ha

HaHa said:
This sounds great! I am seeing a new future for me- after I meet all the excellent people in my neighborhood, I can make a circuit attending chapter meetings around the west. If they will invite me that is. :)

Ha
You are always invited here in the Valley, Ha. We'll hold a special session if you let us know when you want to come. :D

I only wish I could drive to your sworay but living in Wisconsin creates a bit of a problem....hope eternal that I will be able to attend one in the future..(Suprise), as in Suprise Az, will be there in early Nov.2007 for a few weeks...lord willing 8) see ya then...If all goes well I would like it if you all would preform a exorcism and delete snow and cold from my ram...and see to it that all return flights to Wi. are grounded...Thanks RJ

November is a good time to visit Arizona. I have two sisters in Wisconsin and they tell me about the winters. June to September takes some getting used to.

Thanks, sgeeeee- this is something that will definitely happen!

Ha

So sorry to have missed this gathering. How fun it would have been!

Maybe the next time. Please keep us posted. What a treat and so close by.

Be well,
Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

sgeeeee said:
I better start now to find that bagel place. The donut shop was plan E after plans A thorugh D didn't work. I was getting worried that the gods of early retirement or the alignment of the stars were against us.

We have until April when Whitestick comes to the valley to identify that bagel place. If we can't find one, we may have to start our own. crazy connie and mrs. bssc both posess superior knowledge about restaurants and cooking. mr. bssc has the kind of diplomatic background that would make him an ideal server. And I could take out the garbage and wash the dishes. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
As April is approaching, wondered if the stars were going to align and the next meeting of the Phoenix chapter would take place. Will be there and can do April 19, 20 or 21, whichever works out best for all. 19th would have to be in evening, but the other two days are wide open as of now. Also things have changed around the Whitestick household a bit. Mrs. Whitestick turned in her papers, actually, she got p*@#$*@d at her workplace, and she threatened to quit, so I got her on the phone to her HR people and turned in her date before she had a chance to change her mind. So April 28 is her last day, but vacation and other trades, and she is off most of the last three weeks of April anyway. So we can raise a toast to her as well. I've got right at 2 years to go, but that might change as well, if I could find an excuse to get mad at my workplace. Anyway, if the stars are aligning for the Phoenix chapter, then perhaps we can get together.
As to division of duties listed above, I can handle the pouring of wine, just not good at ordering it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm sorry to say that we will be missing the April session of Phoenix Chapter of the ER meeters as we are currently in Thailand. ( :eek: ) still, that's not to say we won't be available at the next meeting!

Do keep us notified.. I'm sure there's a duty we can fill.. 8) If we can't pour or order, we can drink it up!

Be well, fellow chapter members!
Akaisha and Billy
RetireEarlyLifestyle.com

Hi whitestick,

I'm still finalizing my plans for that week. I might be back in Phoenix as early as the 20th, but I might not get back until the 22nd depending on how our volunteer activities in Illinois work out. If I determine that I'll be in town, I'll try to organize something at a bagel shop (unfortunately, I don't know how to find bagel shops in Thailand, so it will be in Phoenix :)). If I can't be there, maybe we can get crazy connie or bssc to pull something together. :)

I'll keep you informed.

sgeeeee:
(unfortunately, I don't know how to find bagel shops in Thailand, so it will be in Phoenix ).

Yeah... they might have bagel shops here, but most likely it would have to be at a noodle shop. It would still be quite fun, tho'. Sure hope we get to make it to one of these 'meetings' :D

Carry the ER torch! Onward!!

A & B
RetireEarlyLifestyle.com

Back
Top Bottom