RVers--My Rig is featured in the Feb. FMC Magazine

SteveR

Moderator Emeritus
My rig...my exact rig..is the one featured in the Feb. FMC Magazine. This is the FMCA magazine for those not familiar with it.

It is sort of weird to see our coach in the article. They got most of the facts right but some of the sizes and other details were off on the TV size and some other stuff but you get the general idea. Also, I did not pay what they have listed either!! We bought the coach at a used price but with full warranties as if it were new. Also, somebody else got to work out the kinks before we received it saving us from having to deal with them.

So you have a BornFree? Sweet.

They really know how to do up the interiors nice on those rigs.

Martha said:
So you have a BornFree? Sweet.

They really know how to do up the interiors nice on those rigs.

Yes they do. As you can see in the article, it is solid cherry wood on all the cabinets and woodwork. They make their own and they are top notch in quality and craftsmanship.

We looked at the Lazy Daze but the rear queen did not have enough CCC for us. We need the made up bed with my wife's back condition. The rig is just about the right size for us although a slide out in the living area would have been nice. BornFree does not do slide outs due to safety reasons.

The only thing we really don't like is the Chevrolet Kodiak cab. It is your typical el cheapo plastic trim complete with rattles and squeeks. The engine is nice at 8L and has adequate power for getting around....so long as you don't need to get anywhere in a hurry.

Well DH is 6'4", and an 80 inch long bed is required. That really narrows the choices of MHs! especially the smaller ones.

Audrey

Wow, I feel sort of guilty reading this forum when I also own a 40Ft motorhome.I guess we aren't all living below our means! :confused:

CRABBY JERRY said:
Wow, I feel sort of guilty reading this forum when I also own a 40Ft motorhome.I guess we aren't all living below our means! :confused:

Guilt is a useless waste of energy. You only live once so why not have a "toy" or two to do the things you want to do; as long as you don't ruin your FIRE plans by doing so. We traded a mountain cabin for the RV as far as expenses go. We just bought the RV before we actually sold the cabin. Once it closes (under contract at full asking price) we will pay off the RV loan and the cabin mortgage with $$ to go back into our investment funds to grow while we are exploring the country and seeing family on both coasts.

CRABBY JERRY said:
Speak for yourself LOL! Our MH was within our means.

Our motorhome is our only home. But no matter - by any measure a motorhome is a luxury - impossible to justify economically. But the ultimate point of money is to spend it or give it away, so as long as we spend it on the most important things - we're good!

Audrey

Just kidding around. I work hard for everything I have and spend on stuff sometimes more than I should. I lost an uncle at age 43 and a sister inlaw with my 1 year old nephew at 33 so one never knows what tomorrow brings. Safe travels to all ov you RVers, Jerry

OK, I have to ask. I am 6'8" tall, and I would love to know what RV has a king bed? I have figured out the ones with more than 6'10" of headroom, but have yet to see a king bed.

bbuzzard,
Mostly 38" tp 45', class A MH
Tiffin, Newmar, Travel Supreme, Winnebago, Holiday Rambler, Fore Travel and several others. Be prepared since are most $200k and up.

Ours is a Select Comfort, King

Dave

bbuzzard said:
OK, I have to ask. I am 6'8" tall, and I would love to know what RV has a king bed? I have figured out the ones with more than 6'10" of headroom, but have yet to see a king bed.

I'm almost that short myself and will be looking for a fiver within the next year or two and that is one of my concerns as well. How well will a big guy like me fit into a fifth wheel? My guess is that I'd best get used to sleeping on the sofa.

Back
Top Bottom