Anybody do Confirmation, Agility or Obedience with their dog?

John Tuttle

Recycles dryer sheets
Since there are so many dog lovers on this board I was curious to know if people do confirmation, agility, obedience, or other formal activities with their pooches. My wife showed in confirmation for a while and did very well but she tired of the subjectivity and politics and began running dogs in agility.

We got our sixth Papillon so she would have a young dog for agility and he is coming along fine. In fact, he won both of his events yesterday. Agility has been a great way for my wife to meet new people, get some exercise, and have a lot off fun with her dog. The dog loves it too. I'm really impressed at how supportive and helpful the agility crowd is.

Of course you can have fun playing fetch, tug-of-war or going for a walk with your dog, but just curious if any of you do these other things.

Don't forget the bring-your-dog-to-yoga classes. Much to DW's regret, we are currently sans pooch.

Confirmation: Don't think my dog is Catholic. Though her eating tastes are certainly catholic.

Agility: Already a master of the couch-stretch.

Obedience: No problem, as long as the command is "Eat!"

Yes, my husband and I do agility and obedience. We have Shelties and have been showing for over 30 years in obedience and since 1997 in agility.

It is a great hobby.

bpp said:
Confirmation: Don't think my dog is Catholic. Though her eating tastes are certainly catholic.

Agility: Already a master of the couch-stretch.

Obedience: No problem, as long as the command is "Eat!"

LOL now that is some training....

Confirmation:confused:?? Ah ...lets see... yep, I can definitely confirm that our dogs rule our house!!!!

Kathyet

Our own history with our Shelties have been the basic (Canine Good Citizen) award training, and back yard jumps. Hopefully once I'm retired, I'll be able to spend more time with my 5-yr old (my ? yr old rescue Sheltie "shows off" just by being able to walk in/out the door) since she has the "spirit" for this work!

http://www.patchworkshelties.org/dogs.php?d=b

- Ron

I"ve done agility (we have border collies) and have done some herding with our oldest dog Grace. These are great fun for you and your dog! If I had more time, I'd like to bring along a young dog in herding or agility.

Sarah

BUM said:
Don't forget the bring-your-dog-to-yoga classes. Much to DW's regret, we are currently sans pooch.

This is for real? A little omphaloskepsis for you and your dog?

Sarah said:
I"ve done agility (we have border collies) and have done some herding with our oldest dog Grace. These are great fun for you and your dog! If I had more time, I'd like to bring along a young dog in herding or agility.

Sarah

As you know, Border collies make great agility dogs.

Looks like this wouldn't make a top ten list of what people on this board do with their dogs, but it's nice to see a few folks share this interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine are all very good at laying on the bed, usually in MY spot, eating a biscuit or some chicken jerky.

Back
Top Bottom