Regarding What Fresh Veggies to Avoid..............

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Unfortunately my sister has passed on, but I recall her obsession with AVOIDING ANY veggies grown in Mexico or South America, particularly Chile............

When I asked her about it, she told me that she's been to those places, has seen what they spread on the fields to make them grow, and that was enough for her.............. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I try to avoid them all. If you look at the data, nearly 100% of those folks who died between 1990 and 2000 had consumed large quantities of vegetables during their lifetime.

justin said:
I try to avoid them all. If you look at the data, nearly 100% of those folks who died between 1990 and 2000 had consumed large quantities of vegetables during their lifetime.

Seriously, or being facetious?? What about growing your own??

FinanceDude said:
When I asked her about it, she told me that she's been to those places, has seen what they spread on the fields to make them grow, and that was enough for her.............. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Lemme guess, soylent green fertilizer right?

Attachments

• SolyentGreen28d.png
    SolyentGreen28d.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 18
  • SolyentGreen28d.png_thumb
    25.4 KB · Views: 0
I could be totally mistaken, but aren't many vegetable imports irradiated and therefore much safer from bacteria? For instance, when you buy veggies locally in Mexico, you need to soak them for 20 minutes in special solution to kill the bacteria. The consumer is given the responsibility, instead of the producer, as in the US.

But there is no need for this soaking for veggies imported to the US.

Maybe someone knows the answer.

Kramer

justin said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Me too but I just don't like them. Now armed with that eye opening stat I can be self satisfied about it.

I think if anyone actually saw what happened to ANY food products, meat or vegetable, during its trip from growth, preparation, packaging, distribution and sales...they'd stop eating everything.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I kind of like yours, but probably only in tiny low-res format... ;)
Well, I'm going to suspend judgment until I've been able to examine the high-res large-screen version...

Andy, will the board's new software include an avatar archive of full-size images for lecherous presbyopic posters?

Nords said:
Well, I'm going to suspend judgment until I've been able to examine the high-res large-screen version...

I can't believe either of you didn't recognized the Ms Olympia's from days of yore. :)Lenda Murray is on the left and Cory Everson is on the right.

Attachments

• lencory.JPG
    lencory.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 13
  • lencory.JPG_thumb
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
well thats better. I'd break out the *good* silicone spatula for the blonde.

(Yes, i checked to make sure my wife was asleep before responding...) ;)

cube_rat said:
Lemme guess, soylent green fertilizer right?

No.............more like goat crap and diseased water............. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

cube_rat said:
I can't believe either of you didn't recognized the Ms Olympia's from days of yore. :)Lenda Murray is on the left and Cory Everson is on the right.
Well, when the biggest feature of the image is their faces, it's a little difficult to remember figure out who you're looking at!

Back
Top Bottom